Hi'ya folks!

polDurna

Location (City and/or State)
New Castle, PA.
Greetings, salutations and all that polite stuff!

Yes I am new to this forum, but I have 2 juvenile female red foot tortoises one I have had for 5yrs (Pokeyhontus) and one for 2yrs (Pongo'se). Both I bought at a commercial chain pet store with pyramiding, although the longer they have been home here the wider the flat space between the scute bumps. This is their summer run, every summer they spend their days in a kiddie pool tera-formed into an edible playground; planted with dandylions, red leaf lettus, bell peppers, squash, and until they eat them marigolds; completed with rock tunnel and a wading pool.

Attachments

• 2016-06-04 16.20.03.jpg
    2016-06-04 16.20.03.jpg
    541 KB · Views: 30
  • 2016-06-04 16.20.51.jpg
    2016-06-04 16.20.51.jpg
    536.6 KB · Views: 30

Franco F

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New York, New York
That's a great idea for tortoise home. I wish I had some room outside to do that myself

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Welcome from Texas! I have RF juvies. Mine are both almost 2 yrs old, had them from early hatchling stage. Glad to have you here! I like your user name:)

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hello and welcome, love your outdoor enclosure!
Hope you stick around here. It's a great site for help, information and fun.

polDurna

New Castle, PA.
Thanks for the welcome, folks.

By the time I posted my bit about the RFs the other day I was sooo tired and frusterated, I forgot to mention the rest of the managerie. Also in residence of my home beside the 2 RFs are 2 RES babies, 8 hermit crabs, a hamster and 3 cats; 5 daughters and hubby. My frustration was based on the fact that I had been sooo proud of myself for keeping track of the RES growth over the past 6 mos, that I was utterly crushed to discover I could not easily share that info in a turtle fourm and that all of my measurements were in lesser than accurate measurement scales... such is life.

Glad to be welcomed and offer any insight I may already have while learning more.

polDurna

Last edited: