Hmmm..question

Status
Not open for further replies.

IowaGuy28

5 Year Member
Hello again folks...long time no type. I recently brought my lil home Tilley upstairs to live/sleep in my room. He's still very small so no need to worry about space yet. I've noticed he's not eating much like he used to, he used to eat like a horse. I also read on the website I bought him off that general after a big move turtles/tortoise' won't eat for maybe a day or so just to get settled.

Is that what's going on? When soaking he's fine, he doesn't act sick. Him diet varies among collard/turnip/mustard greens mixed with chopped green peppers and broken alpha pellets spread over the top.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
What species and size?

What are your four temps?

Any UV? What type of bulb?

IowaGuy28

5 Year Member
African Sulcata, just over 1 year old, shell is about 6 inches.

Never heard of the "four temps"....pretty sure I know what you mean though. Just a heat lamp and regular room temp

Using a heat lamp and natural (window) sunlight.

I'll be building his next enclosure probably within a year depending on his growth rate

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
4 temps:

basking temp
warm side temp
cool side temp
night time temp

can you also include the type/size of the enclosure your sully is in?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Do you have UVB? UVB does not penetrate glass. The sunlite window will only give some heat and light but could possibly cause temps to go too high. Be careful with that.

IowaGuy28

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Do you have UVB? UVB does not penetrate glass. The sunlite window will only give some heat and light but could possibly cause temps to go too high. Be careful with that.

He was walking around more today, lil noise maker...he was burrowing after doing some tanning and grubbing. His enclosure is actually a 5x5 kiddy pool with mulch as bedding. Remember, this was/is only a Temporary fit until I custom build him his next Hilton. Money is very tight right now but my cat and tort will tell you (if they talked) I take better care of them than I do myself.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
5x5 kiddy pool is fine for a temp enclosure i think.

i just had to ask, some will say a 10 or 20 gallon tank is their enclosure for 6months with a large tort and think that is ok.

IowaGuy28

5 Year Member
Well, like I said, when the money and time is right I will be building him his own habitat until he's pretty much free-roaming. His size doubled his first year, I'm Really hoping he doubles again by age 2

Status
Not open for further replies.