Hockey fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
I heard americans are more into baseball or football than Hockey, is that true?
Canadians love Hockey. I am not a fan but during the play offs, I really want my team to win because the atmosphere in the city is just so nice during the play offs. I live in Montreal, the city goes crazy when the Canadians (the montreal team) makes it to the play offs. Almost all the cars have flags in their windows, people have sweaters... It may be the last game of the Canadians tonight, if they lose, they are out. I work downtown, and right now from the window of the building where I work, I can see a lot of people outside partying waiting for the tonight game.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Fresno had a hockey team for years. We used to go and watch the games...standing right behind one of the goals. Very exciting! But last year the owner of the team ran out of money and no one came forward with any money to help keep them, so they're no longer here.

Yvonne

BigBiscuit

5 Year Member
Iowa, U.S.
I personally do not follow baseball, but I enjoy a good hockey game, especially in person. When my wife lived in Colorado, she lived in the same neighborhood as some of the Colorado Avalanche players. She is a big hockey fan. Although, playing baseball and football is a lot funner than watching them on t.v.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Yes, me too I love to watch a game in person. During the season it is very hard to have good tickets, My fiance and I already went to a game (Montreal-Boston) we had really good ticket and it was so much fun :D.
I dont play baseball or football but it must be very cool, I only know how to play catch, but I love it :D

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Let's go Flyers!!!!! Baseball to me is like watching paint dry. Although our Phillies did go all the way!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I'm a big hockey fan and a Bruins fan at that, sorry Isa :D The Bruins have a great chance to win the Stanley Cup this year. :D

Danny

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
egyptiandan said:
I'm a big hockey fan and a Bruins fan at that, sorry Isa :D The Bruins have a great chance to win the Stanley Cup this year. :D

Danny

Danny, I have to admit that the Bruins are very good this year. Unfortunatly, I think tonight is the last game for the Canadiens. Too bad because this year, it is their 100 years aniversary. They played very bad this year, I am still wondering how they made it to the playoffs!

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Go Buffalo Sabres!!!!!!!! Wait a minute.....never mind. Maybe next year!

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Not true for me. I love Hockey. Going to a hockey game is much more entertaining then a baseball or football game IMO

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Yes it is :D End of the second period now :)

Danny

soundwave

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Calgary, Alberta CANADA
I'm a torned man because my two favorite teams(Flames/Blackhawks) taking each other a part.

Since i live in Calgary, I cheer for the Flames. I went to game three in Calgary and it was awesome!!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
soundwave said:
I'm a torned man because my two favorite teams(Flames/Blackhawks) taking each other a part.

Since i live in Calgary, I cheer for the Flames. I went to game three in Calgary and it was awesome!!

It must be amazing to go see a game during the playoffs :)

egyptiandan said:

Danny

I was sure they were going to win afer the first goal, it is always the same thing with the Canadien, as soon as the other team makes a goal they lose their confidence! I guess it means all the festivities in Montreal are over!

soundwave

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Calgary, Alberta CANADA
Isa said:
soundwave said:

It must be amazing to go see a game during the playoffs :)

egyptiandan said:

Danny

I was sure they were going to win afer the first goal, it is always the same thing with the Canadien, as soon as the other team makes a goal they lose their confidence! I guess it means all the festivities in Montreal are over!

Isa, sorry about your Habs.

I happy the Flames came back to tie the series.

Go Flames GO

Status
Not open for further replies.