Horsefield enclosure

GeorgiaK

Location (City and/or State)
England, UK
Hey, I'm new to this forum so just wanted to get other people opinions on my torts enclosure. He's a 10 year old horsefield tortoise and he's in a 120cm x 61cm enclosure but I think he might need some more space so I need people's opinion. I'm trying out different substrates to try find the best one, atm I've put in beech chips which he actually seems to like but again does anyone have any recommendations for substrates? I will also be putting in more slate tiles so he doesn't accidently swallow any of the chips. So I was just wondering what people's opinions are on the size of the enclosure and if there is anything I can change or do better :) thankyouIMG_20190402_124747.jpg IMG_20190402_124944.jpg

xMario

Germany
Hey, I'm new to this forum so just wanted to get other people opinions on my torts enclosure. He's a 10 year old horsefield tortoise and he's in a 120cm x 61cm enclosure but I think he might need some more space so I need people's opinion. I'm trying out different substrates to try find the best one, atm I've put in beech chips which he actually seems to like but again does anyone have any recommendations for substrates? I will also be putting in more slate tiles so he doesn't accidently swallow any of the chips. So I was just wondering what people's opinions are on the size of the enclosure and if there is anything I can change or do better :) thankyouView attachment 268811 View attachment 268812
Hello first of all nice enclosure and tortoise [emoji16]

I personally think he needs way more room to roam around a cheap option for fast and more space are pools like intex pools or best way pools u can by them on Amazon in different sizes they are under 100 dollars
For substrate I use garden soil

[emoji217]

GeorgiaK

England, UK
Hello first of all nice enclosure and tortoise [emoji16]

I personally think he needs way more room to roam around a cheap option for fast and more space are pools like intex pools or best way pools u can by them on Amazon in different sizes they are under 100 dollars
For substrate I use garden soil

[emoji217]
Yes thankyou I also do too, I'm going to purchase a new one it will be double the size of this one so plenty of space for him, I did have him on garden soil x playsand mix but I'm just trying out different ones at the minute seeing which ones work best. I've heard that reptibark is quite good too. Thankyou for your reply :D

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas