horsefield

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty0071

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
england
hi i have a 3 year old female horsefield tortoise (i thinkits a girl) she isnt eating the things she used to she eats grapes banana carrot apple i know she shouldnt have that much fruit but its the only thingshe will eat she also likes to sleep alot unless i let her out of her vivarium and she wonders around th house for a while she also lkes dandelions but here in england its not possible to collect because they omly grow in the summer time can anyone help or have any ideas thanks matty:(:(:(:(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Matty: There's a product in England called Crispy Florettes that you can feed your tortoise. Also, be sure she's warm enough. They won't eat unless the can find a place to warm up to at LEAST 80F, 27C. Warmer is better.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Hi Matty,

We boarded a soccer coach one summer with a name like yours, but he called himself Maffew. My kids got a big kick arguing with him about his Queen's English (things like "free" for "three"). ;)

If you post some photos of your tortoise and its enclosure, along with some details about lighting, heat and diet, you will get lots of responses from members with similar tortoises or who have long-term experience with a variety of species. Here's one way to post photos: http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-5245.html :p

Good luck! :D

S

stells

I am in the UK and finding Dandelions... Plantain... Jack by the hedge.... chickweed... dead nettle... sticky bud on my weed walks.... also there is Florette crispy salad bags... and other salad bags in the supermarkets... just watch for ones containing cabbage or spinach... i also give my Horsfields grated butternut squash once per week...

Stephanie... i have a friend called Matthew... myself and my kids all call him Maffew... for a giggle...

There is also the SW shop which sells seeds you can grow yourself... http://www.shelledwarriorsshop.co.uk/seeds---grow-your-own-food-18-c.asp

matty0071

5 Year Member
england
stells said:
I am in the UK and finding Dandelions... Plantain... Jack by the hedge.... chickweed... dead nettle... sticky bud on my weed walks.... also there is Florette crispy salad bags... and other salad bags in the supermarkets... just watch for ones containing cabbage or spinach... i also give my Horsfields grated butternut squash once per week...

Stephanie... i have a friend called Matthew... myself and my kids all call him Maffew... for a giggle...

There is also the SW shop which sells seeds you can grow yourself... http://www.shelledwarriorsshop.co.uk/seeds---grow-your-own-food-18-c.asp

nice one thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.