Horsfield/Russian UK Breeders

Kala

Location (City and/or State)
Sittingbourne, Kent
Hi all. We’re supposed to be collecting our little shelled warrior from a local pet store who, as far as pet stores go, have a good reputation. However, we’d really like to buy from a private breeder who is following the Tortoise Forum way (the correct way of course 😊).

Can any UK members in Kent or nearby counties (Essex, East Sussex, Surrey) recommend a private breeder we could contact please?

Kala

Sittingbourne, Kent
Hi all, the viv and all the accessories are finally here/tested (had a few faults with the glass runners and lamps so has taken a while).

Have a couple of questions re lighting;

Are these the coffee cup hooks you meant?
And what am I supposed to do with this LED light? I thought it was an all in one kit ready to go, but it looks like I need to be an electrician to get it up! 🙈

Attachments

• IMG_2330.jpeg
    IMG_2330.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2329.jpeg
    IMG_2329.jpeg
    399.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2328.jpeg
    IMG_2328.jpeg
    519.4 KB · Views: 3

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Oh... what a bummer with a LED light... If you can can't return it and get "ready to use" one, then yes you will need some help to wire it. It's not a super complicated thing, but needs a bit of experience and spare parts (around 10 pounds).

P.S. - cup holders look right to me, but I have never used them, so it's not 100%

Kala

Sittingbourne, Kent
Oh... what a bummer with a LED light... If you can can't return it and get "ready to use" one, then yes you will need some help to wire it. It's not a super complicated thing, but needs a bit of experience and spare parts (around 10 pounds).

P.S. - cup holders look right to me, but I have never used them, so it's not 100%
Thank you! Will definitely be returning the light and finding a different one then. Just gutted that it’s been obstacle after obstacle, my daughter has been so patient bless her but she’s desperate to meet her new best friend 🥲 The local pet store has sold out of Horsfields now too so I need to find another source. Have been trying desperately to track down a private breeder but had no success.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Thank you! Will definitely be returning the light and finding a different one then. Just gutted that it’s been obstacle after obstacle, my daughter has been so patient bless her but she’s desperate to meet her new best friend 🥲 The local pet store has sold out of Horsfields now too so I need to find another source. Have been trying desperately to track down a private breeder but had no success.
Setting things up for the first time is always like this. After that everything's going to be easier and watching a happy tortoise is a lot of joy.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
I have no breeder contact but I suggest you contact jungle reptiles a private concern where I got my torts years ago. You can ask them for a recommendation or they may be able to supply a tort.

Good luck. They will need a pic showing your set up and ideally you run it inc heat the day before to ensure everything works etc......