How Are My Temperature and Humidity Levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Lately I've been doing a lot of tweaking with my current setup and I feel comfortable about how things are looking, but I'd like to get a secondhand point of view on how it's going.

I placed my wireless outdoor digital weather meter under my 100W CHE on a basking slate tile and the indoor digital weather meter on the furthest right end of my closed chamber, the warm end. My CHE is on a thermostat set to 86 degrees and I placed the probe on the furthest left end of my chamber, the cool end. My "Hot/Basking Spot" rarely goes over 100 degrees unless the thermostat turns my CHE on, but always hovers around 96+ degrees during daytime and the "cool end" always stays above 84-87 degrees. My "Hot/Basking Spot" humidity ranges anywhere from 65%-85% and the humidity where the indoor digital weather meter located on the warm end always hovers around 90%-99% ambient day and night. The pictures shown are taken at night around 9:00 PM PST.

awn8.jpg

4mtv.jpg

Are my temperature and humidity levels acceptable?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Seems good, but I'd set the ambient temp at 80ish instead of 86.

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
I just ran down and up the stairs and set it to 82 degrees, there was no hesitation once I read this lol.
Tom said:
Seems good, but I'd set the ambient temp at 80ish instead of 86.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Good call on lowering it. That was going to be my suggestion too.
I have the same thermostat and I keep mine set to 82F also.

Sent from my TFOapp

Status
Not open for further replies.