how do babies act?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyprettyrave

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
im just wondering this because my baby redfoot Dehlia is only active for a few hours in the morning and alittle in the afternoon, other than that she stays in her log all day. she eats fine and has alot of personality, but is it normal for babies to be shy?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Yup...that's all they do. Eat, sleep, and poop. Just like a real baby. :D
As the years passed (only three) Pio became more active, especially when she was outside. She became a hunter...worms, slugs anything that moved. :D

HarleyK

5 Year Member
Yeah don't be alarmed if they hide all day. Mine is close to the one yr mark now and he now sleeps outside of the moss pile. He no longer buries himself!

Pond_Lilly

5 Year Member
Tampa, FL
I got 2 more hatchlings and now have 3 :) I do a little intervention though with them. In the morning I take them out of their log and give them a soak and then they eat. Then they sleep a little and I take them outside, take them out of the log again and they eat a little again and march around a little. And then they hide and sit there 'till the next morning. I feel, though, if I did not take them out, they would sit in that log the whole day.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Tortoises in general sleep a full 12 hours a day- all night and a decent chunk of the daytime. Babies sleep (and/or hide) more than adults, indoor torts sleep more than outdoor torts do, and cool torts sleep more than warm torts do.

heyprettyrave

5 Year Member
New York
Yeah i do the same, in the mornings i try to take Dehlia out of the log and she'll eat her food and stay out for awhile. then its back in the log :p

Status
Not open for further replies.