How do you breed red eared sliders to produce caramels, clowns or melanistics babies?

NeoTestudo

Location (City and/or State)
San Juan
Does anyone have experience at breeding red eared sliders to achieve caramel, melaniatic, clown morphs? Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Does anyone have experience at breeding red eared sliders to achieve caramel, melaniatic, clown morphs? Any tips will be greatly appreciated!
Well they have to carry the genes for those traits. Either a visual animal, or an animal het for those genes.

I'm not really into morphs, as I believe why pay more for a paint job, but I do respect it, and the animals are visually stunning.

Try checking out theturtlesource.com Mark is a wealth of knowledge and can help if you reach out.

NeoTestudo

San Juan
Well they have to carry the genes for those traits. Either a visual animal, or an animal het for those genes.

I'm not really into morphs, as I believe why pay more for a paint job, but I do respect it, and the animals are visually stunning.

Try checking out theturtlesource.com Mark is a wealth of knowledge and can help if you reach out.
Thank you for the tip!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Also, Red eared sliders are so overly produced already, why add to the problem. They have become an invasive species in some states because people can't house them once they are adults, so they just let them go.