how many injections for a URI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Miami, Fl
Mordy was diagnosed with a URI April 20th. the vet gave me tazicef for every third day. today is his 8th shot of the injection, and i will be using the last syringe today. for those of you who have had a tort with a uri, how many shots did you give?
mordy is doing much better,if not completely better. there is no clicking noises, no bubbly discharge, and he is eating as much as ever. however, today would conclude the third week and i still have one more little bottle left. i just dont have any more syringes. ive called the vet but shes hard to reach.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It all depends on the severity of the URI. About 2 years when I received a russian in horrible shape ( someone turned it in to me) it took 2 months of treatments before she showed any improvement.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
When my Cooper had a URI He got a total of 4 shots. One every other day. Then he was fine after that.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Wait for your vet to answer this. There are several factors that might influence this.

Just for the sake of sharing info, I prefer to treat RIs with heat. Lots of heat. This has always worked for me when someone gives me a sickie. Sometimes it takes months in a bad case. Other times I get improvement in a few days. Still, I think the most important thing is to identify, and eliminate, the CAUSE of the problem first and foremost. Usually this is a temp thing.

Mordy

5 Year Member
Miami, Fl
Tom said:
Wait for your vet to answer this. There are several factors that might influence this.

Just for the sake of sharing info, I prefer to treat RIs with heat. Lots of heat. This has always worked for me when someone gives me a sickie. Sometimes it takes months in a bad case. Other times I get improvement in a few days. Still, I think the most important thing is to identify, and eliminate, the CAUSE of the problem first and foremost. Usually this is a temp thing.

well, i got him from the original owner sick, but he seems much better now. but im not sure if id make things worse by stopping. ive been calling the vet but no reply..

Status
Not open for further replies.