How moist does her enclosure need to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavender25

5 Year Member
I try to mist her and her every morning. She spends most of the day outside, we are in central FL. I water her plants outside everyday and i try to water the whole enclosure. She sleeps in her enclosure on our screened porch buried in the mulch, which is moist.
Is this enough or do i need to do more she is about 3 inches long.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
I try to keep the humidity for my Redfoots between 70 and 90%. I also like to wet the carapace directly several times a day, as I feel this is even more important that just keeping the substrate damp. In the wild they would be walking around in dense undergrowth with wet leaves and plants both brushing and dripping on their shells.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I spray Ruby and Eddie everyday at least once directly on their shell until they are dripping wet usually at the time I'm feeding them. I spray the inside of there hide to keep the humidity up to over 70%. Sometimes I spray the outside where they walk, but usually that's only once a week or so. I keep water in there at all times for them to go into if they want and I also soak them. Their shells are beautiful so far so I guess something is working. I do believe that they need a dry spot to go to if they want. :)

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Do you know the actual humidity down where they are? Grab yourself a cheap humidity gauge at a pet or garden store and check.

"Mist till they drip twice a day" has a lot of great results behind it!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Every time Pio comes out to eat I mist him and the plants in his enclosure. I don't wet his substrate though. I just water the plants and him.

Status
Not open for further replies.