How much should redfoot eat

Etta

Aloha,
I got my first redfoot 2 weeks ago. She is a little over 5 inches long. I have read that the main part of her diet should be greens. I have offered her several different kinds of lettuce, kale, spinach, cabbage, chard and a commercial tortoise food that is mostly alfalfa and she has not eaten any of it. The only greens that she will eat are hibiscus leaves, but I am not sure if it is healthy to let her eat too much hibiscus?

She has eaten other things I have offered mostly fruit and mushrooms, but I have read she should not have too much of these.

Should I stop offering other food until she starts eating the greens? Or maybe only offer her food every other day so she is hungrier? Also I don't know how much she should be eating, but it does not seem like she eats very much. She still poops every day and seems very alert and active. Love to explore and play outside in the grass.

Thanks for any advise I really want to give her the best care so she stays healthy.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
Hello and welcome to the forum. I feed my Redfoots a huge variety of mixed greens, store bought organic mixed greens, weeds from the garden like dandelion, grape leaves.
They need protein and fruit in their diet.
You might look at the TortoiseLibrary.com and Turtletary.com Redfoot Caresheet.
Redfoots love to graze outdoors in a pesticide free area.
You will learn tons here.
:)