Picky Russian… help!

lseatts

Location (City and/or State)
Grand Rapids, MI
Hello! We are first-time tortoise owners and have a wonderful Russian. But she is quite picky about her food. She will eat pellets if I mash them up with some strawberry purée. This was working to supplement her greens 2-3 days/week. But she has stopped wanting this and most other greens. She is not eating much at all. She will not eat chard or any dandelion greens. No carrot tops/greens. She is not lethargic and is urinating. So no obvious signs of illness. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Offer her some from this list: endive, escarole, radichio, turnip greens, grape leaves, mulberry leaves, bok choy, etc.

Do an online search for edible weeds too.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
At this time of year, I offer my Russians a lot of Dandelion flowers and greens... also hibiscus flowers and leaves.

Jamie

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Please tell us about the conditions in her enclosure. Temperature, humidity, substrate etc and post pictures. This will help us with some ideas. How long have you had her?

lseatts

Grand Rapids, MI
C1F46E97-D2FB-44CC-827C-5673D7FB6296.jpegC1F46E97-D2FB-44CC-827C-5673D7FB6296.jpeg This is her enclosure. We have had her almost a year. The temp is steady at about 90 degrees during the day. We have a night time heat lamp that turns on when the others click off.