Picky Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsum

5 Year Member
So, miss piggy is also quite picky, we've found. She LOVES lettuce of all kinds and everything that comes in spring mix (including radichio and frisee). She will also eat bok choy and endive. Sometimes I give her some veggies too- like cuke or zuke. But, that's pretty much it. She turns her little beak up at: dandelion, strawberry leaves, everything that falls into the dark leafy greens category (collards and so on), grass... she's just not interested. We've tried tearing it very tiny and mixing it in... but she is very good at picking around what she does not like.

So, I guess my question is how critical is it that she eat these things? I sort of feel like the mom who's kid subsits on plain noodles, grilled cheese sandwhiches and pudding- because that is all they will eat. ;)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
well, the best way to make sure that they eat what they should (better said that done with my son, but much easier with the tortoise :D) don't give them what you don't want them to have and only give what you want them to have......they will eventually eat it...also if you are cutting up the stuff you want them to have and are doing it cut tiny, you can then spray the entire pile of food with water which makes pieces stick to one another and a bit tougher for them to pick through....lol

stand hard...don't fold , YOU CAN DO IT :D:D:D:D:D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
When trying to introduce good food over "bad" food I find it easier to chop it up very small and wet it so it sticks to the other food, then they can't really pick it out.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
What they^ said!

Cut it small, wet it... And don't give in!

Think fussy child... If you don't eat your dinner, you won't get candy... The same applies!

A few days stand off where your tort refuses to eat will do no harm. Hunger will take over!

Status
Not open for further replies.