How often do I bathe hatchlings?

Janelle Green

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
image.jpeg Hi I just got 2 Russian tortoise babies they will be 1 years old December 5th. I was wondering how often should I bathe them and how long should they soak?Owner told me she bathed them once a week so I just want to make sure she's right. I have a mature male I give him baths 2x a week soak for 10-15mins.

enzot91

5 Year Member
Scotland
I'd be soaking them every day for at least 15-20 minutes, but that's probably not totally necessary. Once a week is nowhere near enough for a baby though.

Janelle Green

Colorado
That's what I was thinking not enough at all glad I asked to double check ☺️I bathe my adult 2x a week , for sure going to bathe babies 3x a week I also made a tortoise bath tub , got a shower mat so they won't slip and can relax and enjoy bath time ❤️Only cost me $14 to make image.jpeg

Janelle Green

Colorado
I'd be soaking them every day for at least 15-20 minutes, but that's probably not totally necessary. Once a week is nowhere near enough for a baby though.
I believe that's when their younger you have to be soaking them daily , but ya I agree they need a lot more than one bath a week because I bathe my adult 2x a week .

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
That's what I was thinking not enough at all glad I asked to double check ☺️I bathe my adult 2x a week , for sure going to bathe babies 3x a week I also made a tortoise bath tub , got a shower mat so they won't slip and can relax and enjoy bath time ❤️Only cost me $14 to make View attachment 189280
Nicely done!!!!!! :) :) :)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I believe it depends on the climate. If it's the dry climate we have here (in Jordan), I'd soak him/her daily. I don't think that soaks would do any harm.

By the way, they're very sweet torts. Congrats!