How often should Redfoots be fed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

methos75

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lawrenceville, IL via Walker, LA
The literature on this topic is all over the place and all recommend different strategies, I have been feeding mine greens on a daily basis and letting then graze on them as they want throughout the day. I just place a small handful in a bowl in their Set-up, and they eat as they feel like it. Other than that I tend to throw a small bit of other fruits or veggies like bell Pepper or Papya in for them every other day, and every Friday they get a bit of Protein. Any suggestions or improvements?

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
The goal is to offer an appropriate amount of nutrients- calcium, fiber, vitamins, etc. without a lot of carbs, sugars, proteins, fats, etc. There is a calorie formula you can follow (weight in grams to the 0.75th power, times 64 for active growth. You would cut back if they are less active for whatever reason, and add a little more if they are in the rapid growth phase, mating, or carrying eggs) or you can use any of the several published plans to do this.

I have one such plan in the Tortoise Library at http://www.tortoiselibrary.com/diet.html you can consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.