How Patient Are You With You Tort?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
tw-0.png
:tort:

Hello ladies, gentlemen and....torts!:D How patient are you when dealing with your torts? :rolleyes: The gentleman in the above pic is taking his enormous tort for a long walk in the streets of Tokyo. He is considered...the most patient tortoise owner in the world!;)

Am wondering how many of the members at TFO have enough patience to take their torts out for a walk, and if so, how long would that walk last?:)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I am assuming since he lives in Tokyo he lives in a very very very small apartment. I would not be in a situation where I would have to take my tortoise for a walk so I cannot answer sorry. but my patience is like a stream never ending

herriotfan

5 Year Member
I love it, that's devotion!
It would depend on which of mine I took out as to how long the walk would last.
Mine range from one that would sprint round the block to one that would be out for weeks!!
All such lovely characters, just can't help but love each and every one xxx :<3:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm not very patient.
Luckily, I can pick up my tortoises and place them where I want them to be.
By looking at that gentlemans footwear, I can tell that HE isn't equipped for much speed, either.
I have a few tortoises that seem to more or less do what I expect of them. But I have one that seems to be little more intelligent than the shrubbery.
(At just over 7 pounds, it's something that I can handle.)

Prairie Mom

tw-0.png
:tort:

Hello ladies, gentlemen and....torts!:D How patient are you when dealing with your torts? :rolleyes: The gentleman in the above pic is taking his enormous tort for a long walk in the streets of Tokyo. He is considered...the most patient tortoise owner in the world!;)

Am wondering how many of the members at TFO have enough patience to take their torts out for a walk, and if so, how long would that walk last?:)
I've seen this video:) I love it! What a beautiful tortoise and a great human.

I'm actually really patient with my tortoise. She was pretty scared of us at first and I think our persistent patience in slowly acclimating her to our affection and taking her on outings has really paid off.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I've seen this video:) I love it! What a beautiful tortoise and a great human.

I'm actually really patient with my tortoise. She was pretty scared of us at first and I think our persistent patience in slowly acclimating her to our affection and taking her on outings has really paid off.
Definitely a great human, :) particularly when taking into consideration how slow a tort is.;) Personally, I take OLI :<3: out for walks when it's nice and sunny. And I walk beside him like a bodyguard so as not to allow anyone to annoy/bother him and last but not least, not to allow anybody to pick him up. I also have to watch out that he does not eat anything dirty/harmful. I am very patient with Oli. :<3:

Prairie Mom

Definitely a great human, :) particularly when taking into consideration how slow a tort is.;) Personally, I take OLI :<3: out for walks when it's nice and sunny. And I walk beside him like a bodyguard so as not to allow anyone to annoy/bother him and last but not least, not to allow anybody to pick him up. I also have to watch out that he does not eat anything dirty/harmful. I am very patient with Oli. :<3:
I think the sulcata is actually cruising pretty fast:) I'm always surprised how quick my own tortoise can actually be.