Howdy Tort Lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyBsober

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, AZ
Flash and Celeste at home.jpg

I am fairly new to the tort world, as of late. I grew up in the Midwest (mich)and had plenty of box and snapping. But that was eons ago. My name, Brenda, my Sulcata is Flash. He was purchased for my (ex) bf's sons and that's what they named him. He (ex) moved to Northern Cali and I kept the tort here with me in Phoenix. Long story short...I started to do alot more research and getting better aquainted with him, so he stays mine! He's appr 13 months, about 5" and not too sure on the weight. Don't have a scale yet. We got him while he was a hatchling about 3 months. (Same time I got my RTB) :D I have since purchased my first home, that I felt would accomodate Flash (funny how he played a huge part in the picking process LOL). I have him set up in a kiddie play pool which he doesn't seem to mind. I drew up some ideas on a tort table I would like to build. It's a tad bit chilly here right now for him to be out while i'm at work all day. But he does like to visit his yard when I can get him out there in the sun. I'm really excited to be a part of this forum. I belong to a couple of the yahoo groups as well, Arizonasulcata and Sulcata Station.
If anyone is on from AZ i would love to hear about habitats, indoor and out. Also on the humidity control. As we know "It's a dry heat" :cool:
Yeah I think it's time for some coffee now. I'll try to get some pics up soon. This is what happens when i have lazy saturday's and take late naps. I'm up all night. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
AAwwww, he's adorable!:D And I have that exact same Indian blanket!

If you post good photos of Flash's plastron and tail area, Danny can probably make an educated guess as to your tortie's male/female-ness. You have probably already seen the Sulcata Central section of this forum, which is full of valuable information and advice for keeping Sulcata. Also check out the Enclosure section for ideas and photos.;)

I envy you your ability to keep what will soon be a very large tortoise. Check out this super-cute Youtube video of Sulcata playing football!:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKJaD3v9hsU

Welcome to the forum!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Brenda:

512470z8wmnyo81q.jpg

to the forum!!

We have several Arizonian sulcata keepers here on the forum...you're going to fit right in!

Just a word of advice, in my opinion, tortoises should not be allowed to roam around on the floor. Its too cold and there are too many things he might put in his mouth.

Your tortoise is a real cutey-pie. I had a hard time finding Celeste, but then she just jumped right off the page at me!

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Welcome! He's cute =] Funny, I have that same blanket, only its green =P

BabyBsober

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for the welcome. I agree with the floor thing, with just tile and wood I even get cold walking on it :p That was a rare occassion. He's usually outside wandering in the back yard. It's just been a little chilly here of late. I think i was soaking down his pool at the time. I'm really excited to get building his tort table. Thought I had enough stuff here. Not the case. :( Gotta wait for some more funds.
emysemys said:
Hi Brenda:

512470z8wmnyo81q.jpg

to the forum!!

We have several Arizonian sulcata keepers here on the forum...you're going to fit right in!

Just a word of advice, in my opinion, tortoises should not be allowed to roam around on the floor. Its too cold and there are too many things he might put in his mouth.

Your tortoise is a real cutey-pie. I had a hard time finding Celeste, but then she just jumped right off the page at me!

Status
Not open for further replies.