Humane Euthanasia??

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
So very sad to read this thread. Following advice from Tom and Mark I'm sure you did all you could. I am so sorry for your loss and for your son too. Our children must at some point start learning how to cope with big losses. For us parents this changes completely the way we deal with our own bereavement. Year and a ½ ago I lost our 17 yr old kitty girl, and a year later our 16 yr old one. Both have been in our family for almost entire life span. My children were born to the household with 5 cats. Those 2 elderly girls were the last ones of that original group. The first 3 were older and left us when the kids were little when their grieving was very different. Now they are more emotionally aware and my own feelings are compounded by watching my own offspring suffer the loss which is already devastating to me... i am very sorry you are going through it now. Unfortunately some tort babies are born weaker and often started too dry by the breeders which lessens their chances of living to adulthood. In the wild those weak babies usually end up being food for predators, as pets, they leave us with broken hearts. Again, my sincere condolences to you and your son. Take your time to heal, and try again. Take care❤️

Rt1jen

So very sad to read this thread. Following advice from Tom and Mark I'm sure you did all you could. I am so sorry for your loss and for your son too. Our children must at some point start learning how to cope with big losses. For us parents this changes completely the way we deal with our own bereavement. Year and a ½ ago I lost our 17 yr old kitty girl, and a year later our 16 yr old one. Both have been in our family for almost entire life span. My children were born to the household with 5 cats. Those 2 elderly girls were the last ones of that original group. The first 3 were older and left us when the kids were little when their grieving was very different. Now they are more emotionally aware and my own feelings are compounded by watching my own offspring suffer the loss which is already devastating to me... i am very sorry you are going through it now. Unfortunately some tort babies are born weaker and often started too dry by the breeders which lessens their chances of living to adulthood. In the wild those weak babies usually end up being food for predators, as pets, they leave us with broken hearts. Again, my sincere condolences to you and your son. Take your time to heal, and try again. Take care❤️
So very true! Fortunately for me I don't have any human children. My pet is my baby:)
We do the best we can with what we have to work with. Life is full of heartache and unpleasantness but it also has It's good moments. Best of luck to you and your wonderful family:)

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I'm so sorry your baby failed to thrive. I'm glad he was cared for.
My condolences.

Shaif

Pittsburgh, PA
Rocky was so lucky to have you in his life. You really did so much for him. I'm so so sorry for your loss.

When you are ready, contact a breeder from the forum. You will be so happy you did.

Hugs to you and your son.