humidity and lighting help please

aneta

hello ,This is my friend Pedro ,I would like to know if I need longer uvb light for this habitat,also If my basking spot lamp is hanging too low?? or should be straight down more? the temp is 95warm are ,75 cold area ,humidity 50/60 ,the coconut coir on the right is wet all the time ,could You please give me idea how to make humidity box in his habitat ?and if the humidity box should be under the basking spot lamp ?/ or the other corner on the right side?? because my humidity is still low

aneta

ThIs is my Tortoise Pedro ,I would like to know if I need longer uvb lamp,and if my basking spot lamp is hanging too low ?? also my humidity is 50/60 the coconut coir is always wet on the right any idea where I should put humidity box in my habitat ?under the lamp or more on the right side coconut coir? my basking tim is 95 cool area 75 what is the best material for humidity box paper or plastic container ,any pictures highly recommend ,and also I am looking for good temperature messermunts ,mahalo

aneta

I am looking for help in humidity and lighting ,is it my basking spot hanging too low?? humidity 50/60

Alexio

Location (City and/or State)
Syracuse, New York
Your humidity does need to be higher which is easiest achieved by covering the top with foil or Plexiglas or some other type of non permeable material. Only a thermometer can tell you about your basking spot. I would place that dial thermometer under the light directly on the ground to get an idea if you dont have a digital thermometer or an infrared thermometer gun. I usually aim for around 95 degrees f. Directly under the light.