humidity issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortoise_Named_Alfred

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Austin, TX
I am about to build a 3'x 10 outdoor enclosure for a RF that im about to adopt, i have my 4 month old leopard in a table inside so measuring and correcting things is alot easier.
I'm wondering how do i regulate heat and humidity in a outdoor enclouser, it will have both sun and shade in this, i live in austin texas, so it gets fairly warm outside so i kinda know how thats gonna be, but the humidity area im still wondering about, if there is any suggestions please let me know.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
TNA, Try these sites Redfoot.com and/or Turtletary.com they should be able to help you

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Try planting a lot of plants and seeds for shade, food, and the watering helps with moisture. Try adding a misting system to your enclosure that will mist a couple of times a day. I live in the dry AZ desert and I spray my boxies enclosure w/ a hose 2-3 times a day depending on the humidity gauge. They have tons of plants in there enclosure, but this weekend I am going to add a sunshade to half of the enclosure (which should help with humidity). Also try building your pen so it only gets the morning sun.

Tortoise_Named_Alfred

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Austin, TX
Thanks, Now just to monitor the yard so i can gauge a little better on what gets the morning sun more :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.