Humidity levels

SuIcata

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I have a sulcata juvenile and I keep her in a tortoise table without a closed top
I was wondering if 50% humidity is ok ?
She got a humid hide (plastic box upside down) that holds 81% humidity she sleeps in it every night is this enough? Or would it be better to close the top ? She's currently 2 years and 3 month old

Basically I just want to know if she tolerate the 50% humidity and if it would be ok to keep at that level?

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
I have a sulcata juvenile and I keep her in a tortoise table without a closed top
I was wondering if 50% humidity is ok ?
She got a humid hide (plastic box upside down) that holds 81% humidity she sleeps in it every night is this enough? Or would it be better to close the top ? She's currently 2 years and 3 month old

Basically I just want to know if she tolerate the 50% humidity and if it would be ok to keep at that level?
The recommended humidity in sulcata's enclosure is bean 80 to 100%. So I would say you should make the enclosure more humid. Lack of humidity contributes too pyramiding which can cause metabolic bone disease if too severe.

SuIcata

Texas
The recommended humidity in sulcata's enclosure is bean 80 to 100%. So I would say you should make the enclosure more humid. Lack of humidity contributes too pyramiding which can cause metabolic bone disease if too severe.
I can understand that in the first year of there live they need high humidity since they stay in humid burrows
But as they get older they get more and more confident to leave there burrows for longer periods of time so they experience lower humidity levels during the day and only a raise during sleeping time
That's my thoughts but I would love to get more answers from different people so I can see what the majority thinks and how they keep there juveniles

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
I can understand that in the first year of there live they need high humidity since they stay in humid burrows
But as they get older they get more and more confident to leave there burrows for longer periods of time so they experience lower humidity levels during the day and only a raise during sleeping time
That's my thoughts but I would love to get more answers from different people so I can see what the majority thinks and how they keep there juveniles
Do you know how old is your sulcata exactly? And yes, adult sulcata can tolerate lower humidity levels. But I'm not so sure about juveniles, that's why I see them as for hatchling, it's better safe than sorry in my opinion. But yeah, listening to more people's opinions would be better. Good luck with you and your tort. (BTW does it have a name?)