humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

evin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
manteca, Ca
i cahnged my substrate today and it was a little damp, the warm humidity is between 50 and 60 and the cool is up arounf 70 and 80 will he be ok for a few days while it dries out?

Jeremy

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I keep my Leopards on a soil/sand mix. When I change their substrate the humidity is usually a little higher than I would like as well for a day or so but I haven't noticed any ill affects. I don't know what type of substrate you use but I think they should be fine.

Jeremy

evin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
manteca, Ca
i came up with a clever way to control it, the warm side is back around 30 and the cool around 60 thank you for your response i always worry about humidity

Jeremy

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
evin; I don't think humidity is to much of a problem if you keep the temp up. But I was wondering what you did to bring it back down so fast?

Jeremy

evin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
manteca, Ca
yea! a blow dryer on the lightest setting wasnt blowing hard at all and i hung it on the top of the tank i turned of the basking light just in case but he was out roaming for a while then plopped right under the dryer and stretched his arms and legs out, it took about 25 minutes on the warm side and 15 on the cool

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Xllnt Evin ~ Now if only that would work when one accidently drops the cell phone in the commode ~ LOL ~

Thanx for the post, peeps!
Purpod

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
evin said:
yea! a blow dryer on the lightest setting wasnt blowing hard at all and i hung it on the top of the tank i turned of the basking light just in case but he was out roaming for a while then plopped right under the dryer and stretched his arms and legs out, it took about 25 minutes on the warm side and 15 on the cool

It seems you've discovered a new type of "basking" tool:D To answer your original question though, the warm side should have the higher humidity and the cool side should have the lowest. They do best with a warm, humid side and a cool, dryer side - it is my understanding that the cold dampness can cause RI. You're doing a great job Evin!

evin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
manteca, Ca
i got them mixed up, thank you for catching that before it became a bad situation i will move my wheat grass to the warmer side its my main source of humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.