Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Jaw drop too!
Mine fell off!!!!
I was gonna say….
What the heck did you do with the “other” Tammy!?!?!?
Did you throw her out into the storm ⛈️ or did she just get bored and walk off with your stuff AFTER the storm??? 🤣🤣🤣🤔

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
The angle at which Beryl scraped Jamaica had everything to do with who and where got worse hit. In St. Andrew Parish where I live, we got the tropical storm force winds and not the devastating hurricane force winds, and even so, we had some loss, damage to buildings and roofs and power loss. The Parishes going West after St. Andrew - St. Catherine, Clarendon, Manchester, St. Elizabeth (worst hit) and Westmoreland - they got the real Cat 4 deal. Right now a search is ongoing for 11 missing fishermen. People are homeless and in despair and the authorities are lacking in resources to assist. It's really a bad scene, but overall and compared with little Carriacou and other islands in the Grenadines, we could have been a whole lot worse.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Kerry and I both are very happy for you Tammy. We were genuinely worried about you. You aren't 26 anymore!! LOL

You got lucky girl!

I reached out to the place in Negril that we stay yesterday and Shinnel said that they suffered very little damage in the resort, and there are no concrete structures there, only wood buildings and treehouses. They were expecting to be back at 100% by Monday.

Hey, why is Bloody Bay so high? The comments seem to suggest that the tides rose in Feb and haven't gone back down. They say the water is halfway up the beach towards the road. Do you know why?

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Kerry and I both are very happy for you Tammy. We were genuinely worried about you. You aren't 26 anymore!! LOL

You got lucky girl!

I reached out to the place in Negril that we stay yesterday and Shinnel said that they suffered very little damage in the resort, and there are no concrete structures there, only wood buildings and treehouses. They were expecting to be back at 100% by Monday.

Hey, why is Bloody Bay so high? The comments seem to suggest that the tides rose in Feb and haven't gone back down. They say the water is halfway up the beach towards the road. Do you know why?
No idea! 😐

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica

You got lucky girl!

Jeff, I have been thinking about your question as to why the water level has risen. I am guessing two possibilities. One is GW. Ask @Tom about that one, 😜. The other more ominous and unthinkable but possible reason is that sometimes, we enterprising Jamaicans steal each other's beaches. When the sand is gone, the sea takes its place.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My mind is on EllieMay in Texas. I don't know what part of the state she lives in but a hurricane would still affect everything.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
My mind is on EllieMay in Texas. I don't know what part of the state she lives in but a hurricane would still affect everything.

She'll get a decent amount of rain but I think she's far enough away from the coast that it'll be more thunderstorm than tropical storm/hurricane by the time it reaches her.