hydor hydrokable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balboa

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PNW
Very Interesting,
Actually "designed" to work both submerged and emerged? As we all know folks have used other heating cables in this way without trouble, but the instructions explicitly state not to. Reminds me of the old dupla cables that are no longer available in this country, maybe the same thing, did Hydor buy dupla, change name or something?

That USED to be the way to go for planted tanks, but seems like nobody bothers anymore, mostly because rated cables were no longer being marketed in this country.

Very reasonably priced too, aside from the thermostat.

chairman

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Mississippi
I used a hydor cable in a terrarium. It sat in about 6-8 inches of substrate with a couple inches of water. The cable raised the temperature about 1* F above ambient at the top of the substrate. I never really measured the temperature at the cable level itself. I primarily used it to keep the humidity up in the terrarium, and it did a very good job at that.

G

greekmark1234

Hydrokable evenly distributes heat upward from the bottom of your aquarium. Install the double-insulated silicone cable in a repeated S-pattern before adding substrate. Includes suction cup clips. Control your Hydrokable with the external Hydroset LCD Electronic Thermostat. Set temperature easily with the ergonomic adjustment knob. Its independent probe works in water or air, displaying reliable LCD readouts in both °F and °C. Flame symbol indicates when heating. Or, choose the economical Hydroset Electronic Thermostat model with manual temperature dial and no LCD readout. Hydroset may be used in combination with any heater.

Status
Not open for further replies.