HYPO Vs NORM 1-Day New ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Here a comparison and 1 day old ....both hatched out today!
( different clutches for those wondering) little balls' of fun .. eh?
Can you say ....HHHHYYYPPPOOO without a smile ? :shy:
hypcom_zpse67da3d0.jpg
hypcom2_zps528b3fa2.jpg

JD~:)

immayo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, AZ
Very awesome JD!! I can't believe how beautiful these hypos are turning out! That's 2 now!! Let's hope for 2 more in this clutch :D

What's the cherry count so far? I know everyone will be waiting for these babies to be up for sale!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I will admit, I have never been a big fan of the entire hypo breeding idea, but dang those guys are so unique and sweet looking it makes me really want to have one myself. I really want to see how they grow up.

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
I love how the look like little golf balls when they first hatch out. How about a comparison for a true hypo and a light normal. I've seen many call light normals hypos.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
goReptiles said:
I love how the look like little golf balls when they first hatch out. How about a comparison for a true hypo and a light normal. I've seen many call light normals hypos.

There is no such thing as a light normal hypo....but I get where your going with it .... That's folks trying to market a regular "normal for that species but may be light in color" and use the term " hypo" . The hypo gene is a recessive gene and to produce visual hypos you must have that gene code in both animals. Dealing with "Hets" and trying to produce a visual hypo is like gambling ...sometimes you do , most of the times you don't.
The animals above are 100% " TRUE HYPO's" ...and hands down some of the lightest/whitest hypos I have ever seen as far as redfoots are concerned.

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
I was meaning a true hypo and a light normal. But yes, in reference to people selling hypos that really aren't hypos.

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Indonesia
if i have to choose one of them.. i just can't :rolleyes: , they just too cute

Status
Not open for further replies.