I’m looking to adopt a tortoise in the upcoming August. I’m located in Florence Alabama

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lewisville, Texas
What species are you looking for? There are lots of species with many different care requirements.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
It would probably help you in your search if you knew what species. Also if you show what you've done to prepare, if you've made an enclosure etc. I don't think anybody on here will just send a tortoise to some random person.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's not a real good idea to try keeping a sulcata in the basement. It would be like having a cow living in the basement. A sulcata needs to live outdoors.

Cleve Woods

Florence Alabama

Idk how to add pictures on here but I wanted to show you my yard that I will be getting fenced in and the tortoise will also be In my finished basement during bad weather

Cleve Woods

Florence Alabama
It's not a real good idea to try keeping a sulcata in the basement. It would be like having a cow living in the basement. A sulcata needs to live outdoors.

I actually just added pictures the yard that Sulcata will be living. I’m getting fenced built and also an indoor area for him or her