I desperately need to find out what turtle this is

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You're getting yourself confused. It's NOT a water turtle that's called "painted turtle", or Chriysemys picta.

Your turtle is Painted WOOD TURTLE, or Rhynoclemmys punctularia.

Shelled

Oxfordshire
If you got different answers in the past, new questions don't make that difference go away, and it's not the answer you'll hear most which is the right answer.
This forum is filled with people who know about tortoises and turtles, and which are giving you good advice.
The confusion also stems from the species, which is a turtle which spends a lot of time on land, but also needs water. It's not a 'water' turtle however, nor is it a 'land' tortoise, if that makes sense.
Google the latin name Yvonne G posted above, and convince yourself: Rhynoclemmys punctularia.

Taysge

Humble
If you got different answers in the past, new questions don't make that difference go away, and it's not the answer you'll hear most which is the right answer.
This forum is filled with people who know about tortoises and turtles, and which are giving you good advice.
The confusion also stems from the species, which is a turtle which spends a lot of time on land, but also needs water. It's not a 'water' turtle however, nor is it a 'land' tortoise, if that makes sense.
Google the latin name Yvonne G posted above, and convince yourself: Rhynoclemmys punctularia.

Taysge

Humble
I

Taysge

Humble
I did not mean that I was getting different messages on this forum. I stated that I got on this forum because people around me were giving different answers. I never said your forum was wrong either. I just did not know what to do. I have been following the advice left for me. i got several postings because I did not know what forum to leave my message in. I was concerned and posted questions everywhere I guess. I don’t know how forums work. Anyway sorry to all. I am following the advice written for me. Please no need for testy replies. I am learning how this works

Shelled

Oxfordshire
It's good to be concerned :)
Hope you have convinced yourself now what species it is, so you can provide the best environment possible :)