I don't know what tortoise I have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChevyTruck 1970

5 Year Member
Hey, my friend had 2 tortoises he found in Texas, they were being attacked by a dog and he took them home. They aren't Texas tortoises because they don't match but he gave me one and I have I nice home for it and I'm building an outdoor enclosure. He has red around his mouth and hen he gets scared he has a hatch that complexly seals him in. He's a light brown color with a light brown shell.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Its probably one of the species of box turtle. We'll have to see a picture of it to give you an accurate "guess."

Welcome to the forum, chevytruck1970. What would you like us to call you? Are you in Texas too? I believe there are a couple species of box turtle that are native to Texas.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Welcome to the forum, do u have any pictures so we can help identify it?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi ChevyTruck 1970:

Your photobucket account requires a password to view the pictures. Can't get in.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
tinypic.com is much easier in my opinion. No account needed, no passwords, no hassles. Just a free, easy to use site with no BS. Just go there, upload any size pic, and then copy/paste the IMG code into your forum post. Then when we click on your forum post we will see your pic without having to click on anything or go anywhere.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the Forum!

After an attack like that, he will be skittish for quite sometime!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.