I have never left Su alone before

lighthiker2

5 Year Member
I have a trip to make. My young adult kids are busy and can be a bit absentminded.

She generally (currently) eats grass/clover/dandelion clippings, young prickly pear cactus pads as they grow before spiny (or singed off), cucumber leaves, honeysuckle greens, mixed green produce, hibiscus. I can put a flake of hay under her greenhouse window to protect from rain. Her pool gets regular cleaning plus rain-refreshing (a lot of afternoon T-storms right now), What else do all of you think would be the best to leave for her to eat for 10 days as a contingency?

junebugsmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Orlando Florida
Can you have a pet sitter come by while you're gone and check on her? 10 days seems like a long time to leave her on her own without someone checking up

lighthiker2

5 Year Member
I will call and have the kids stop by for daily checks, feeding and updates

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
What size is she?

Grass hay and cactus pads will be enough. Fresh water will be important too, if eating a lot of hay.

I'd leave a flake of hay where it will stay dry, and have someone drop a cactus pad or two a day when they freshen up the water.

Does she put herself away each night into the heated night box? Remind us where you are.

lighthiker2

5 Year Member
She always puts herself to bed just before sundown. I am having the kids close her in then uncover in the early morning. So far so good. She is eating well, enjoying the hot humid temps and utilizing her pool and bunker for cooling.

The kids and I are in Raleigh NC right now but my primary home is in Virginia.