I knew she would dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Well ...Elizabeth' ...finally laid again! .... caught her in action this afternoon. 7 nice heavy healthy looking eggs. For her that makes 13 eggs in 6 weeks ! ...woo hoo~:D
momchnonest10-18-11-1.jpg
lizbeth7egg11-23-11.jpg

JD~:)

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Thats great Eggs always make for a good day. Now you dont have to worry about her laying eggs for about a month or so

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Geochelone_Carbonaria said:
What kind of incubator and control equipment are you using JD ?

Mike , last season I bought one of those Exo Terra Reptile Incubator thermoelectric technology...bla bla bla ....the darn thing broke 2 months later ( just stopped running period!) My mistake I bought it online so forget about returning it ( I wasnt a happy camper...I lost eggs due to this ) . So I'm back to the ol' fashion hova bator. Nothing fancy , but I dont like the distrabution of heat design. The heating element is " fixed" therefore area under it retains much more heat. A better design would some how distribute heat evenly over the ground surface..... How about you?

JD~

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
N2TORTS said:
Geochelone_Carbonaria said:
What kind of incubator and control equipment are you using JD ?

Mike , last season I bought one of those Exo Terra Reptile Incubator thermoelectric technology...bla bla bla ....the darn thing broke 2 months later ( just stopped running period!) My mistake I bought it online so forget about returning it ( I wasnt a happy camper...I lost eggs due to this ) . So I'm back to the ol' fashion hova bator. Nothing fancy , but I dont like the distrabution of heat design. The heating element is " fixed" therefore area under it retains much more heat. A better design would some how distribute heat evenly over the ground surface..... How about you?

JD~

Mine is kinda homemade, got the idea from a "reptile zoo" in Malmoe;

I use a glass tank with an immersion heater and 3 inch of water, two pieces of standing glass at the bottom, an aluminium grid on top of those where I can put the eggs, and a leaning top so the water dont drip on the eggs.

The immersion heater is set to 29,7 C and this should hold the temperature steady as well as the humidity at 97-98. I now have kind of insulated it all with styrofoam around it, to keep the temperature even more steady.

But I'm not really happy anyway with the immersion heater, I think it is dependant on the temperature in the room. So when the temperature drops for the night in the terrariums, it affects the incubator too. So I get like a temperature drop for about 1-1.5 degrees C during nighttime. I don't know if it's good or bad....?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A little off topic, and please forgive me, JD, but Mike: What record are you about to break to be in the record book?

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
Status
Not open for further replies.