I lost Shelly, found her in the paper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayMillz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
When I was in the military I lost Shelly the day before I was supposed to go to Las Vegas for 2 weeks for work and I thought she was gone until I got this sent to me while in Vegas (this was 2 years ago but I just joined and thought I would share). She made the base newspaper then I had to go to the Little Rock Zoo and convince them that she was mine since whoever found Shelly lied to them about it being theirs. Here's a picture of the celeb herself lol, and a picture of her visiting the zoo :p

Attachments

• 28379_401010492342_8313646_n.jpg
    28379_401010492342_8313646_n.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 31249_401926257342_6488286_n.jpg
    31249_401926257342_6488286_n.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 83

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not too many of us can say we have a famous tortoise:D. Glad you had gotten her back.

JayMillz

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Thanks, I was a little bummed though, if you look at the article they kinda made me look like a neglector who just got tired of her and abandoned her. And that wasn't the case because the day I lost her I called security forces (police on base) over to my house and filed a report that she was missing. When it was all said and done I never even got a phone call from the base itself and they didn't even know I brought her back to my house on base. They were the neglectors of this whole story to me...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
See I have to confess, before I read your last post, I was thinking "didn't he file any missing report on her?". Good thing the did that article or you would never have found her.

JayMillz

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Yeah two of the officers came over and I showed them New Guy because, come on, how many sulcata owners could there possibly have been on that base? I told them I lost the female one and she was slightly bigger. That was my reminder to always keep my eyes on them no matter what and luckily I didn't have to pay the ultimate price of losing them for my ignorance. I guess they filed a fake report or something, I can't believe even after the newspaper article they didn't come knocking on my door or anything...but after being there for almost 4 years, I kinda can believe it...

Status
Not open for further replies.