i really need a smile

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
terracolson said:
Plus i am scared nelson my kick my rear, i hear he has a sideways landing that will scare the pants off of you..

Ugh so true! He's quite the troublemaker ;)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Well, I admit I don't understand the above post at all...:cool:

I am sorry to hear you have time to be lonely--you seem always so occupied with Ximon, tortoises, enclosures, cats, dogs, yard remodel...:p

Part of it is just that February sucks because it's still winter and going outside isn't an option...I know you live in Sacramento, but even there it must be "winter" of some sort! :rolleyes:

My husband lives mostly in Miami right now...sits reserve in an apartment with 9 other pilots...he's always been gone a lot, on Alert or TDY's in the Air Force, then domiciled in New York for 19 years so had to "commute"...but now that he's a Captain he doesn't have the seniority to have a set schedule, he is "on call" most of the time...he's home less than 10 days a month and when here often has volleyball tournaments to ref all weekend. :(

You're not alone! :D

I bought Fred a Netbook for $350 last spring (also bought one for my two youngest kids)--they are a great deal, easy to travel with, and you can Skype (webcam) each other even from foreign countries...might want to give that option a try! ;)

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
I might be having a pity party.. but my gripe is.. he is coming home for the weekend and then going out to a party!

I want him to come home and hang out with us! Not go hang out with his friends!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Well, you may have to meet him halfway...

If you don't want to attend the party, ask him to spend half the evening with you and Ximon--he could either hang out first and then go to the party late, or he could go party early but come home in time for some hanging out with his family...

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
I will see him some, i guess your a hard *** on me... i think i need it.. but just to get the rest of my whine out

He will get home at 4pm Friday
We will eat and he will leave at 7pm to go to Club Aura to DJ.. I have Ximon I cant go
We will be in bed at 3 when he gets home
Saturday we will hang out for the morning, then he will sleep from noon till 5 when he leaves to drive a hour away to the place, then he will come home Sunday around 9am and sleep on the sofa most of the day..

I guess if last weekend he would not have went out, i would not be so bummed... nor if i didnt feel a little distant

M

Maggie Cummings

Roachman26 said:
Boy thats a tough one. I have the cure, however!

Do a search for any post with the words "Maggie" and "Bob".

Take advantage of Maggies' humanitarian effort to make the world a better place. It works for me.

I think you have me confused with someone else...I am a solitary grumpy old lady trying to keep a freakin solitary grumpy escape artist who bit me again tonight. I don't do anything 'humanitarianly.' 'cept for Bob's world. I try hard to take good care of all my animals.
I went in for our usual nightly socialization and he had made so much of a mess in there from being held captive due to the cold pouring rain, I put his treat up on a shelf and started cleaning up the mess...how does he manage to put foot long turds in his water dish? Anyhow, I was picking up poop and sweeping and mopping and he walked over to me biting at the air and I told him he had to wait a minute until I was done and I reached down to pick up his nasty water dish and quick as a snap he bit off the tip of my finger. He actually bit off the flesh at the pad of my finger. Damn that hurt and bled for a long time. Why does water sting an open wound? Sure makes me not want to give him a treat then. I really am sorry I fed him so much by hand now he thinks I am something to eat I guess. Anyhow, now I have a raggetyass band aid on my finger. Why don't they make decent fitting Band Aids to wrap correctly around a finger?
For Sale, one 80 pound escape artist who bites the hand that feeds him and doesn't appreciate the great care given him or the money spent to make his living quarters wonderful! hahaha...oh no...he's not for sale, I will pay someone to take him...
Didn't mean to hijack your thread Terra...Be grateful you have a husband to miss....I hope this made you laugh some...

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
I love grumpy old ladies, That must be my and others attraction.

Oh i am not mad, i am sad, i just need a hug right now from him and then to yell at him to take out the trash..

Thats horrible about your finger...horrible....

maggie3fan said:
Roachman26 said:
Boy thats a tough one. I have the cure, however!

Do a search for any post with the words "Maggie" and "Bob".

Take advantage of Maggies' humanitarian effort to make the world a better place. It works for me.

I think you have me confused with someone else...I am a solitary grumpy old lady trying to keep a freakin solitary grumpy escape artist who bit me again tonight. I don't do anything 'humanitarianly.' 'cept for Bob's world. I try hard to take good care of all my animals.
I went in for our usual nightly socialization and he had made so much of a mess in there from being held captive due to the cold pouring rain, I put his treat up on a shelf and started cleaning up the mess...how does he manage to put foot long turds in his water dish? Anyhow, I was picking up poop and sweeping and mopping and he walked over to me biting at the air and I told him he had to wait a minute until I was done and I reached down to pick up his nasty water dish and quick as a snap he bit off the tip of my finger. He actually bit off the flesh at the pad of my finger. Damn that hurt and bled for a long time. Why does water sting an open wound? Sure makes me not want to give him a treat then. I really am sorry I fed him so much by hand now he thinks I am something to eat I guess. Anyhow, now I have a raggetyass band aid on my finger. Why don't they make decent fitting Band Aids to wrap correctly around a finger?
For Sale, one 80 pound escape artist who bites the hand that feeds him and doesn't appreciate the great care given him or the money spent to make his living quarters wonderful! hahaha...oh no...he's not for sale, I will pay someone to take him...
Didn't mean to hijack your thread Terra...Be grateful you have a husband to miss....I hope this made you laugh some...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
new career for bob finger print removal service.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Chin up pet, I would certainately miss mine, hes so much help around the house and with the kids, we have also thought about him going back to the UK for work, but i work 12 hours a day mon to sat so the kids would have no one to care for them, By the way i go back to work on Monday after being in and out of psyciatric ward for depression and panic attacks, Dont fret this crisis cant last forever,can it? I hope not.Here in Spain alot of expats have packed up and gone back to their own country,Not me, not even if some one paid me to. My hubby wants to move back to Keystone Colorado, He worked there for 2 years, Must admit you have a beautiful,friendly and clean country,but then i only saw a bit of it and fell in love with Boulder.Any way as us Brits are supposedly say CHIN UP. Thinking of you..:D

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Hey Yvonne, if you come to Colorado you have to stop off and visit Taco in Denver before you travel on to Boulder or Keystone! :D

Terra, don't you have a good babysitter yet? You need to find one so you can have a little Terra time each week...it will be good for you, good for Ximon, and good for your hubby. ;)

Maggie, have you ever tried foxgloves? They are very soft and snug so you can do chores without them getting in the way and they are washable in case Bob manages to poop on them, and they may offer at least a little extra protection from the biter...

I don't know, but everything that's been happening with Bob recently really points in one inescapable direction...the kid's hit puberty! Think about it: the need to break away from Mom, the moodiness, the snapping, the messy room...teenagers! :rolleyes:

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
I feel much better today guys! Thank you for getting me through yesterday...

Yvonne, i deal with anxiety and i have made it out of the depression.... After my son, my world went crazy..... It does get better I promise, you just need to find your triggers...

I have my own psych ward story, but its quite long, so hears is a quick one, they didn't have a high functioning bed for me, so i had to stay with the worse of the worse mental patients, avoiding being beaten up, deal with ever severe mental disorder and all to figure out.. dude i am so ok...

God had a bigger purpose for me and i found it that day.....there was a 19 year old schizophrenic who had been there for months, her mom came ever day and sang songs to her and read the bible to her....The day i came I brought my husbands Bob Marley Flag and put it under my pillow.. her eyes noticed it....with in two days, i had her speaking, i was telling the nurses all about it and how to reach her... I got her to go to the required meetings and she was out with in a month or two.. me i was only there 78 hours, but i forgot about me and helped her, which helped me....

She phoned me a year ago and thanked me.... Sabrina was her name...she would be 24 now....

Can you hijack your own thread?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Wow! I just saw this thread and don't even know what to say. At one point in my life trying to raise 4 sons, at the time, and being mostly alone, I too had a breakdown. After lots of therapy, I found that if I couldn't leave my kids, they would have to come with me. I started hiking, herping in the near-by woods. We have lots of trails here for this. My kids loved it and so did I. It brought us so close. All my boys are two years apart, so at that time they were 8, 6, 4, and 2. I still take all my grand kids through the same trails. I also made sure I got a babysitter every two weeks to get out with a friend. You HAVE to make some time you YOU. Save up your change...I still do this....then take that money and go get yourself a complete spar day. Hair, nails....the works. You won't believe how great you'll feel....away from your kid, laying there just relaxing for a few hours. You deserve it.
Sorry...I may be way off base here...but your guy sounds a little selfish to me.
Hope today is much better for you. Hugs...........

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
He is working on his issues... As i work on mine.. Oh i so need a spa day yes... Thats why i love our Clubs meetings, i get to leave my son with a friend and go visit all the local Sacramento Turtle and tortoise club members and have show and tell....

Well i think today we need to go on a walk.... i just hope it gets above 52 degrees

thx again

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
bikerchicspain said:
Chin up pet, I would certainately miss mine, hes so much help around the house and with the kids, we have also thought about him going back to the UK for work, but i work 12 hours a day mon to sat so the kids would have no one to care for them, By the way i go back to work on Monday after being in and out of psyciatric ward for depression and panic attacks, Dont fret this crisis cant last forever,can it? I hope not.Here in Spain alot of expats have packed up and gone back to their own country,Not me, not even if some one paid me to. My hubby wants to move back to Keystone Colorado, He worked there for 2 years, Must admit you have a beautiful,friendly and clean country,but then i only saw a bit of it and fell in love with Boulder.Any way as us Brits are supposedly say CHIN UP. Thinking of you..:D

This is a nation wide group and it's the only thing that helped me get my life normal again. I checked and their in Spain also. I'm not sure if there's meeting near you, but please check I know that it worked for me and I had panic attacks for 12 years and now I am very happy. I don't like to see people suffer either and most of it is just a lack of the right information to help them see clearly again. Let me know if you have any trouble with the site. I went to this group for 3 years or more and love it. Nothing else was able to do for me what this did.

http://www.lowselfhelpsystems.org/about/history.asp[hr]
I'm afraid Terra that I just might have something to do when he finally came home.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Candy said:
I'm afraid Terra that I just might have something to do when he finally came home.

I'm with Candy on this one. I think he's being very selfish.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Well we talked last night and he agreed after this weekend he will take a break... I am happy about that... but he cant back out this weekend, people are driving 2 hours to see him and other dj's...and we dont want to pay these people back for there loss of ticket sales..if he doesnt show...so... i bought flower seeds and have plans to play in some dirt!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.