i really need a smile

Status
Not open for further replies.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento
So my husband works 2 or 3 hours away so he stays out there all week.. that way we survive in this economy. There is no local work..his company is based here in sacramento and they dont have local jobs.. so we have been dealing with out of town work for many months now..

Well his side hobby/dream (doesnt get paid) is a Dj and he went to a party last weekend, yes it was late night when we were sleeping, and he was home when i got up, but he wasn't 100% up to par, how could you be on a few hours if that of sleep.

this weekend he is booked out far from here and they got him a hotel room... but i dont want to go with ximon.. lets not lie.. theres going to be a lot of messed up people, high on drugs and drunk... so not my environment.

I pray after this week, there will be local work... i really would like to get sick of seeing him!

in the past month i have seen my "husband" 6 days.

I would love some uplifting words to get me through this pity party i am having...I dont want to say anything to him, he is already torn as it is that we wont be there....

i just need to find something to look forward to...

An idea of what i could do this weekend so its ok that he is gone...

a smile for today, to wash away the clouds....

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Boy thats a tough one. I have the cure, however!

Do a search for any post with the words "Maggie" and "Bob".

Take advantage of Maggies' humanitarian effort to make the world a better place. It works for me.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
@ My Roach man - I will do that

@ Spike - We are waiting on our tax refund, so i can get him a laptop to take with him... It would be nice to see him fall asleep on that hotel bed and drool on the pillow...
We also wanted to do that so my son can play trains and have the web cam on so that Daddy can be with him while he plays....

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
How about another hobby? I love scrapbooking. You can get started rather inexpensively and scrapbook some stuff and surprise him with new pages each time he comes home. That way you are kind of keeping track of stuff he may not be able to see in person, but could see in picture! You can look up any site but here is one I like to look at for ideas: www.twopeasinabucket.com I would gladly give you suggestions for supplies, etc to get you started. Do you have an AC Moore or Michaels near you?

fhintz

5 Year Member
Fort Myers, FL
Not sure if this would work or just make you sadder . but maybe precoordinate a time to eat at the same time or just stare at the clouds/stars at the same time. Like plan to both look at the sky from 5:15 and 5:20 and think of each other. I dunno, just an idea.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Well relax time.. man that would be nice... i think having the 4 yr old all the time, makes it harder..

I do have a scrap book, i should pic back up.. But then again having a 4 yr old who wants to help...drives me nuts..

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I have 5 kids. You just have to make time. Even if its an hour a week. I know its not easy but I think it would be rewarding.

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Nottinghamshire, UK
Go shopping. YES?
Buy your husband something...cute, funny, sexy, something nice
Tease him about it, then when he gets home you will both be exited!

hehe

xx

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Shopping...ah yes...that always helps....

And making time, i try to when he is home, but i am missing him

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Nottinghamshire, UK
Thats what I do my boyfriend is a joiner, and his boss asked him to work with him for 2 weeks down filey, its far from us so he had to sleep down there, anyway I was bord blah blah blah, and went shopping and bought him a miss you teddy, clothes dvds chocolates.. and told him over the phone i had a naughty suprise for him... I think he thought it was langerie lol!

When he got home he laughed and to this very day he askes when you going to buy sum sexy undies :p

xxx

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
funny..... I just got my tax refund but gave half of it to his mother cause she needed to keep her home, then took his dog to the vet, now i think i a bit butt hurt over my money disappearing, him being gone, i think i might even be a bad spot in the month... it might be better than he is gone this weekend as well....

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Thank you for the cheer up... i needed some love... My hunny called and i told him how upset i was, and pressured with tax stuff....and my child plus watching his best friend.....

he of course said, you can come with me... "right on that one babe", i declined and he said next week he will be out there...

ERRRR i wish that horrible woman would not have needed that money, i could have bought him a lap top and seen his big ears all week!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
terracolson said:
It would be nice to see him fall asleep on that hotel bed and drool on the pillow...

Well if you want to watch someone fall asleep and drool on their pillow, you can watch me! :D
Seriously though, the webcam idea sounds great! It will be awesome for him to be able to see Ximon too. How old is your son btw?

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Ximon is 4 yrs old.. He turns 5 on May 24th.

katie unless you got dark curly hair and big ears.. and can burp really really loud...

M

Maggie Cummings

Roachman26 said:
Boy thats a tough one. I have the cure, however!

Do a search for any post with the words "Maggie" and "Bob".

Take advantage of Maggies' humanitarian effort to make the world a better place. It works for me.

OMG! I am sure you must be talking about someone else....:p I'm not even sure what to say...

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
terracolson said:
katie unless you got dark curly hair and big ears.. and can burp really really loud...

Darnit I'm out :(

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Plus i am scared nelson my kick my rear, i hear he has a sideways landing that will scare the pants off of you..

I so hope you get that.... cause i am pretty dorky, well homely dorky..

Maggie,

you know your our entertainment

BethyB1022

5 Year Member
Terra, I can identify with your situation. My boyfriend travels to the west coast for work often and spends a lot of time away from home. It can get stressful having to take care of our home and pets without him. On top of that with me in grad school I don't get much chance to "play" on the weekends and that's usually what he's off doing. In order to keep us close even when he's away I write him little notes everyday. It's just something I've found helps me keep the connection. We also email each other pictures everyday, sounds silly but it's nice. To combat the loneliness I also have phone dates with my girlfriends why he's away, and I commiserate with my girls who have long distance relationships. Oh AND I spend a lot of time on TFO :)

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Yeah you guys are helping me through this quite a bit...thx TFO

Photos huh, letters...

Status
Not open for further replies.