I went back to the reptile store today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
This is the place that sold me the two hatchlings. She felt so bad about the outcome that she offered to replace the last one with any species I would like (that they deal in). Its taken me two weeks but I did go in today and tell her that I cannot handle the stress of another hatchling. But, if she found me a three inches or bigger leopard I would be thrilled. She told me to be patient, but its almost show season so she should be able to find one for me. ALSO, that she'll come over and look at my setup, bring her heat gun and make sure I've got everything right!

I'm nervous about trying this again, but miss my little guys, and the whole tort experience so much. Wish me luck!

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
She sounds really nice. I can't think of any local shop around here that would offer to come over with a heat gun, even offer a free tort, or essentially do anything out of their way for me. I'm sorry for what happened with your little guys. It's good to know though that you've found a responsible store owner who is willing to work with you so well.

Good Luck! You'll be up and tort'n in no time.

S

Scooter

You are lucky to find such a nice store owner willing to do all that for you, its rare.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Yes. Get a juvenile instead of a hatchling, and you will have a better chance of seeing it grow into adulthood. That is my strong impression after reading extensively on this forum for 10 months now.

Good luck! I hope it all works out and we will all see multiple photos of your new tortoise as it grows and grows over the years. :D

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Babies are super cute, but taking care of them is much more difficult than a juvenile. I started with yearlings for that very reason and have had great luck.

That is a great pet store you found. Work with her and I'm sure you'll end up with a great tort! :)

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
I'm excited and nervous at the same time. The nice thing is that I'm on summer vacation now, so I can spend even more time with the new one when it arrives! Where do buy temp guns from, other then online? I want one.

Today, there is nothing planned. Hear that? Nothing! So I'm going to get my setup put back together. I do feel very lucky to have such a positive experience (well sans the loss of the hatchlings) with the store owner.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
I've seen them at reptile expos besides online, but other than that, I have no clue. Not at pet stores or hardware stores from what I've seen. Sorry!

Annieski

5 Year Member
Edison, N.J.
You may be able to find a temp gun at a Home Depot/Lowes or a plumbing supply place.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
I got mine at Radio Shack.

Status
Not open for further replies.