I will do anything, specially for a laying leopards

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
This female just laid a clutch of 6 eggs on the 5th. It was a chilly night, so I hung a Che over her. Now here she is again. Picked one of the hottest days this time. So you do for them what you have to. This time I gave her an umbrella for shade.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 63

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Btw, I got her from forum member Neal and I named her Lucy. She will be 5 in November

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
I hope you bought extra containers!!!;) She is gonna fill up that new incubator fast!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I think there's a love ballad here somewhere?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
She finally left the hole. I was all prepared, container for incubator all set up for the second round, collecting container in hand and what do I see?:eek: An empty hole:(. What a waist of her time. Oh well, maybe next time. :D

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Congrats! Congrats!

Three months later we should see sone hatchling, right? Again....congrats.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
She finally left the hole. I was all prepared, container for incubator all set up for the second round, collecting container in hand and what do I see?:eek: An empty hole:(. What a waist of her time. Oh well, maybe next time. :D
Now you know how us men feel ! Lucy has been holding that football for Charlie Brown for 50 years right up to when Charlie goes to kick it ! And then what she moves the football and laughs !

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Now you know how us men feel ! Lucy has been holding that football for Charlie Brown for 50 years right up to when Charlie goes to kick it ! And then what she moves the football and laughs !
This is pretty good you speak up for men and only the ladies understand ! But thank you ladies :)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Don't worry barb. She will get her routine down. Then you will be like. Man can she stop laying enough eggs lol. I missed a clutch from my big female the other day. Was her 3rd clutch for the season, she usually lays 6 clutches every year and 15-19 eggs per clutch. So be patient it will come, and you will be on overload

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Don't worry barb. She will get her routine down. Then you will be like. Man can she stop laying enough eggs lol. I missed a clutch from my big female the other day. Was her 3rd clutch for the season, she usually lays 6 clutches every year and 15-19 eggs per clutch. So be patient it will come, and you will be on overload
Whoa, wait a minute. I don't want that many, holy cow. :eek: I think I'm liking the fact that my thought to be first female, is actually acting more male. I can't imagine after Kelly's post, having two females.:confused: I just wanted to have a few:D. I guess my very small herd with be three individual solitary herds:p:D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Haha. For some reason my female lays a boat load. I'm pretty sure it's not normal. But also keep in mind I think she's got a lot of pardalis if not pure pardalis in her. So that may be the difference. My to t babcocki female lays tiny clutches. But she's a Mozambique and isn'tucj bigger than 8" anyways.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
sung to the tune of I would do anything for love
I would do anything for laying laying Leopard but I won't do that no no no no I won't do that. I would sit out side in the rain waiting for you to lay I will get dirty digging up your nest woah no but I won't do that

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
apologies to Mr loaf

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
how about you laid your nest like a candle in the wind