Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't read those classified 'net groups because I have poor self control. But all of you who do read them need to put yourselves in the sellers' shoes before you do name-calling, etc. Try to understand that they probably don't know any better. So if you do decide you absolutely MUST email them, try to be kind. Education won't help at this juncture, because they are getting rid of the tortoise, but kindness might make them accept what you have to say and pass it along to the new owner.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I think it's important to remember too that some of the husbandry suggestions that we have accepted here on the forum and share are based on subjective data and experiences. Not that that is such a bad thing, but I guess what I am saying is that there are people out there who have had success with pairs and could make a fair argument in support of what this person is trying to say. So not everyone agrees on what we consider to be "correct information" and they have a reasonable basis for that opinion.

Don't get me wrong though, I do agree that two sulcatas are not necessarily the best idea and I do appreciate seeing people share information that they think will be helpful. Just don't be surprised if it doesn't go over well...especially when we don't know the experiences and knowledge of the person we are sharing it with.

zman7590

5 Year Member
tell em you were harrassed and they should delete it! happened to my buddy one time. he was getting phone calls from gay guys wanting to "hook" up... we had a laugh haha

Status
Not open for further replies.