Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonny1622

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Middle East
HI everyone,
I've attached a couple of pics of some greens i found in a supermarket. I dont know what they are so thought I would post here in the hope somebody does. They were labelled as local greens and something called Khbaizah (arabic i think). Done a bit of research online with no joy.

Sonny
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm sorry, but neither of those looks familiar to me.

sonny1622

5 Year Member
The Middle East
yeh they are wierd looking. They say locally produced with me living closer to syria where my torts are from I wondered if they would be ok for them to eat. Not gonna risk it though.

P.S Sorry for posting in wrong forum didnt realise till after I posted then found the identification thread.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If they're sold for human consumption, I would think they'd be ok to feed your tortoises. Just don't make it be their whole diet. Ask someone how they prepare it. Some foods have to be cooked or they're toxic. If its to be eaten uncooked, I would say try a small amount.

sonny1622

5 Year Member
The Middle East
Yeh they were sold for human consumption. The person who worked on that setion said they were used for salads as they are will try a little bit with them tomorrow.

Thank you for your help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.