Identify Sex if possible?

phengx83

Location (City and/or State)
Spring Hill, FL
Hi again everyone. Just wanted to get some experienced advice on the sex of Tank and Bowser at this size and age if even possible or have to wait till they are bigger. I had them for about 3 years now and they were 4-5 inches back then. Koopa is still small because i just got him on June of last year at 4 inches but has grown quite a bit so maybe he is still too young to tell or maybe they all are. Let me know what you all think. These photos were taken today 21 May 2023 with my son holding them up for size comparison. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1 Bowser - May 2023.jpg
    1 Bowser - May 2023.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 2 Bowser - May 2023.jpg
    2 Bowser - May 2023.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 1 Tank - May 2023.jpg
    1 Tank - May 2023.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 2 Tank - May 2023.jpg
    2 Tank - May 2023.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 1 Koopa May 2023.jpg
    1 Koopa May 2023.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 2 Koopa - May 2023.jpg
    2 Koopa - May 2023.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 11

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hi again everyone. Just wanted to get some experienced advice on the sex of Tank and Bowser at this size and age if even possible or have to wait till they are bigger. I had them for about 3 years now and they were 4-5 inches back then. Koopa is still small because i just got him on June of last year at 4 inches but has grown quite a bit so maybe he is still too young to tell or maybe they all are. Let me know what you all think. These photos were taken today 21 May 2023 with my son holding them up for size comparison. Thanks.
I think it is early to tell, but if I had to make a guess now, I would say Bowser looks like a possible male and the other two appear to be females.

phengx83

Spring Hill, FL
I think it is early to tell, but if I had to make a guess now, I would say Bowser looks like a possible male and the other two appear to be females.
Yah I was kinda thinking the same. Hopefully I get 1 male out if the 4 lol. Thanks

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They are too young yet, but my guess is the same as Zovick.
If any are males, I would guess in another year or so it may flash you.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Yah I was kinda thinking the same. Hopefully I get 1 male out if the 4 lol. Thanks
There were only three tortoises pictured, but you mention four above. Do you have pix of the fourth one or was that possibly a typo?

phengx83

Spring Hill, FL
There were only three tortoises pictured, but you mention four above. Do you have pix of the fourth one or was that possibly a typo?
oh sorry I was just referring to the new little on I will be picking up next month. Its a 4 inch perfect. sorry about the confusion. I will post pictures of him/her when I receive him/her. The family decided to name that one Tiny.

zovick

10 Year Member!
oh sorry I was just referring to the new little on I will be picking up next month. Its a 4 inch perfect. sorry about the confusion. I will post pictures of him/her when I receive him/her. The family decided to name that one Tiny.
Ah, that explains it. Thanks for resolving my confusion.

Best of luck with the new little one (when you get it), as well as with the larger three already in your possession.