I'm All Shook Up...!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
We had one a few years ago in Chicago. One place I didn't think we would ever have a quake it shook my whole 3 flat building. It was really scary. We've had a few more since then,but none that shook anything much.
Glad you got home safe. Hope that is it for you.
We get earthquakes in Ohio too. They happen everywhere actually. Several of my family felt them while I was in the same room with them. I didn't feel a thing but I was cross legged on a chair. Another time the dishes rattled in the cupboards but I didn't feel that one either. I'm starting to feel deprived 🙃

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
We get earthquakes in Ohio too. They happen everywhere actually. Several of my family felt them while I was in the same room with them. I didn't feel a thing but I was cross legged on a chair. Another time the dishes rattled in the cupboards but I didn't feel that one either. I'm starting to feel deprived 🙃
I thought we had T-rex's in Ohio too. One quiet evening at home relaxing when everything started to shake as if something was walking in my direction. 🤨🙄 it was just some degenerate with their loud stereo driving by. Another hearing aid customer in the making. 🤣🤣

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I thought we had T-rex's in Ohio too. One quiet evening at home relaxing when everything started to shake as if something was walking in my direction. 🤨🙄 it was just some degenerate with their loud stereo driving by. Another hearing aid customer in the making. 🤣🤣
I hope and pray those people can't set off one with their bang bangs. Cause it sure feels like they can when they do a drive by 😉

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
If I could have my own Electromagnetic Pulse gun they could set off walking home after passing my house. 🤣
The problem is I kinda like the music 🎵🎶

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's not that I don't like the music It's the hour of the day or rather night that they roll through 12am -2am
That time of the day no matter how much the earth rocks and rolls I'm usually asleep or dozing. The next door neighbor used to practice his drums at that time and it always made me feel safe enough to go back to sleep. He was up so I didn't have to be. I was glad a young person was trying to learn something. And I like drums.

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
That time of the day no matter how much the earth rocks and rolls I'm usually asleep or dozing. The next door neighbor used to practice his drums at that time and it always made me feel safe enough to go back to sleep. He was up so I didn't have to be. I was glad a young person was trying to learn something. And I like drums.
I work nights so I'm up when I'm off work at that time. My wife has crazy good hearing so it drives her nuts.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I work nights so I'm up when I'm off work at that time. My wife has crazy good hearing so it drives her nuts.
It probably depends on the person and where you live. I worked days but the sound of my neighbor playing his drums at that time would somehow comfort me and I could sleep through it. Also for some reason we don't get crazy loud music from cars driving by usually. Especially at night. If it's daytime I might dance along.🤗we really don't have cars driving by breaking the sound barriers. Thank God.

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
It probably depends on the person and where you live. I worked days but the sound of my neighbor playing his drums at that time would somehow comfort me and I could sleep through it. Also for some reason we don't get crazy loud music from cars driving by usually. Especially at night. If it's daytime I might dance along.🤗we really don't have cars driving by breaking the sound barriers. Thank God.
We get them all the time. And for a year we had to deal with neighbors next door that were well in their 40's and acted like they were teenagers. Window rattling bass from 7am to 3am and every afternoon their kids would come home and drag out a huge Bluetooth speaker and play the most foul language rap music they could find for the whole neighborhood to enjoy for 4 hours a day.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Q
We get them all the time. And for a year we had to deal with neighbors next door that were well in their 40's and acted like they were teenagers. Window rattling bass from 7am to 3am and every afternoon their kids would come home and drag out a huge Bluetooth speaker and play the most foul language rap music they could find for the whole neighborhood to enjoy for 4 hours a day.
That's actually crazy. Maybe we have city ordinances here that are protecting us in a way.. I'll hear loud music with the bass while driving at times. But it's not typical or causing the vibrations you're getting. The county I live in is built on bedrock so maybe they are stricter because of that. There's very strict laws in this city to do anything.at all. Construction etc. It doesn't stop the criminals. It just stops their music evidently.