In the mix .....Neat~o Baby Hypo

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Here Baby Hypo ..... is grubbin' down ... Father was Oscar' an Xtra large Cherry Head ( with extreme orange coloring on head) at around 14" and Momma Hypo...who is a Northern Redfoot Hypo. I was very pleased with the outcome of the color combo ( she is lovely in person ) of this lil one ' bummer is she was the only one who made it ...some of the eggs quite didnt develope fully and was interesting to crack them open and see why ... and how far they had come /or didnt come along...all documented of course.
" HAPPY TORT ~ N "

zz3.jpg
zz2.jpg
zz6.jpg
zz1.jpg

JD~:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Interesting scute pattern...that's why you've referred to it as "she."

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
Cool photos!

Do you have more than one male cherry-head?

I'm just asking because there is some interesting research about sperm storage and mixed paternity in chelonians- they suggest that it can take more than 3 years to 'clear out' DNA from a given source. (I'll try to find the link again if anyone is interested.)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Madkins007 said:
Cool photos!

I'm just asking because there is some interesting research about sperm storage and mixed paternity in chelonians- they suggest that it can take more than 3 years to 'clear out' DNA from a given source. (I'll try to find the link again if anyone is interested.)

Madkins'.....yea I know about the sperm storage, I have 3 breeding males actually and two of them are Cherrys, the other is another male hypo ( Northern) . Also the person before me has kept very good records , as well as myself on who she has had access to. But one needs to produce more than a few clutches to see how and at what rate the gene line stays consistent , in my opinion. I will be producing hypo to hypo in the near future ( crossing fingers) , the hatchlings should be more and more " ghost like " ...

Madkins007 said:
Cool photos!

Madkins'.....yea I know about the sperm storage, I have 3 breeding males actually and two of them are Cherrys, the other is another male hypo ( Northern) . Also the person before me has kept very good records , as well as myself on who she has had access to. But one needs to produce more than a few clutches to see how and at what rate the gene line stays consistent , in my opinion. I will be producing hypo to hypo in the near future ( crossing fingers) , the hatchlings should be more and more " ghost like " ...

Status
Not open for further replies.