In your opinion.

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Coeur D Alene,ID
I received Nala July 2nd and was wondering how old she was when I got her. See Pic .. The place I purchased her from hasn't returned my calls to ask them when she was born. In your opinion how old do you think she was when they shipped her to me.

Attachments

• 20210702_094856.jpg
    20210702_094856.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 20

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I’d say “roughly” a month old if that little container is roughly the size that our young hatchling came to us in. They all grow at different rates, but 4-6 weeks old is my guesstimate. (Free estimates) ?

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
When I received my Sucata he was shipped in a plastic container and a Styrofoam box, looks just like yours.
He was 11weeks old, weighing 46 grams. when I got him. How much does it weigh now?

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Coeur D Alene,ID
We can't tell anything from that picture. Did she have an egg tooth still? Got any face or plastron pics from back then?
Hello Tom thanks for the reply. This is the only pic I have of her directly after receiving her probably the 3rd day.

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Coeur D Alene,ID
I’d say “roughly” a month old if that little container is roughly the size that our young hatchling came to us in. They all grow at different rates, but 4-6 weeks old is my guesstimate. (Free estimates) ?
Thank you ..

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Coeur D Alene,ID
When I received my Sucata he was shipped in a plastic container and a Styrofoam box, looks just like yours.
He was 11weeks old, weighing 46 grams. when I got him. How much does it weigh now?
Hello Warren thanks for your reply. The last time I weighed Nala was Feb-2nd she was 22.8 oz..

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Hello Warren thanks for your reply. The last time I weighed Nala was Feb-2nd she was 22.8 oz..
My Sammy weighed 2 pounds on his first birthday. Your picture of your Tortoise, my guess would be about 8 to 10 week old at that time. This is a picture of my Sammy at 11 weeks old, the day I received him.

Attachments

• 20180317_191921.jpg
    20180317_191921.jpg
    755.3 KB · Views: 8

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Coeur D Alene,ID
My Sammy weighed 2 pounds on his first birthday. Your picture of your Tortoise, my guess would be about 8 to 10 week old at that time. This is a picture of my Sammy at 11 weeks old, the day I received him.
Looks and sounds about right probably Mid-May.. Thanks for your time Warren. Now I have a clue in knowing her actual age.

Bridgebob

Arlington, Virginia
I would guess a year old based on the shell.

My EBT is 3-4 years old. And it's very easy to tell from her shell markings.

Also they need to begin to 'tan' soon. The light shell growth needs to darken under UVB light. It takes time though.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello Tom thanks for the reply. This is the only pic I have of her directly after receiving her probably the 3rd day.
I can't zoom in enough to tell if there is an egg tooth. They lose it at around 6 weeks, so it can be an indicator of whether your tortoise is younger or older than six weeks.

Bridgebob

Arlington, Virginia
I make a meal of crab, egg and fruit and reptivite for my EBT. But she is torn between wanting to brumate and eat!

I freeze most of it.

She can't open her eyes initially but wants that food. She plunges blindly trying to eat. She eventually wakes up and grabs huge chunks of the food.

I don't feed her very often during these winter months. Once every two days.

the LED UV is working perfectly. Her shell is getting very tanned.