Daisy

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Ugh...... approximately 3 x 6 Enclosure [emoji848] the above dimensions were a typo

I think you are doing great. You obviously care so much about daisy. Relax, I have to leave mine for 10 hours while at work (I do have someone at home who is checking) I’m constantly on the phone asking for pictures of all my temp gauges I think I’m driving my household mad.

And like you I am up at late hours checking on things. I think I wake up about 3 times during the night and each time I venture out to check on my night temps [emoji23] I think it’s actually harder than having a newborn baby as when they want something they will just cry.

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
I think you are doing great. You obviously care so much about daisy. Relax, I have to leave mine for 10 hours while at work (I do have someone at home who is checking) I’m constantly on the phone asking for pictures of all my temp gauges I think I’m driving my household mad.

And like you I am up at late hours checking on things. I think I wake up about 3 times during the night and each time I venture out to check on my night temps [emoji23] I think it’s actually harder than having a newborn baby as when they want something they will just cry.

Thank you! Agree about the newborn baby comment LOL

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
@Tom ... proud of me? I dug in shed and found those old crappy shutters that I bought on Craigslist and never did anything with them. Goining to attach the chicken fencing to it and then she will be safe for yard time, I have more birds in shed for the remaining area, should I plant the hostess and hibiscus in or right outside for shade? I guess right outside so she can get the shade! IMG_2410.jpgIMG_2411.jpgIMG_2412.jpg
IMG_2408.jpg
IMG_2409.jpg

Last edited:

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Well including buying Daisy and all the necessities... we are at $800 spent but most of the stuff will be used in future too. Anyway, it was extra money from my bonus, so I didn’t have to charge anything!

Bambam1989

East Texas
The milk weed is not safe.
The other plants may have pesticides and stuff on them so I wouldn't let your little one eat them for about 6months or more. I am very cautious about new plants since there was a no way of knowing what has been used.
A tip- growing your own vegetables are a quick way to offer fresh greens that are safe. Leaves from squash or melon plants. These grow fast and they should be easily found in starter pots.
Have you seen this website it is very helpful for knowing what is safe.
https://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/index.php#.Wu5CSeBlA0M

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
The milk weed is not safe.
The other plants may have pesticides and stuff on them so I wouldn't let your little one eat them for about 6months or more. I am very cautious about new plants since there was a no way of knowing what has been used.
A tip- growing your own vegetables are a quick way to offer fresh greens that are safe. Leaves from squash or melon plants. These grow fast and they should be easily found in starter pots.
Have you seen this website it is very helpful for knowing what is safe.
https://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/index.php#.Wu5CSeBlA0M

Yes I have and already growing catgrass, greens, etc! I’ll put the plants in pots so she can’t reach them but will provide natural shade and them plant them in the ground next
Spring! Thanks so much!!!

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Building screen cover for entire area, taking side screen of chicken coop and adding to 6 in dark barrier around remaining wire on chicken coup. Doing that Sunday!