Do you think there's a problem?

• Thread starter Maggie Cummings
  • Start date
M

Maggie Cummings

On Feb 5th I started fostering 2 Sulcata. Pansy was a month and a half old and 107 grams. Daisy Mae is 2 years old and was 866 grams. Pansy is kept in a 2 chamber habitat. One side is 95 to 100 degrees and 85 to 90% humidity. It's never light, just use a CHE. It has 2 plastic hides with damp moss in both. Thru the tube to the other chamber it's about 70% humidity and 80 degrees with a light, food dish and water dish.She has always slept in one of the humid hides. Now she's sleeping and spending most of her time in the tube. She eats, but not as good as I think she should. She's only gained 26 grams since Feb 5th. And it's about 70 degrees in the tube.
Daisy Mae on the other hand lives in a stock tank. She now weighs 3 pounds and 2 oz. Is active and annoying all day. When she's outside, she eats the whole time. Sometimes I feed her extra to make her stop scratching. I do believe Bob's energy is floating around her. She's just bad, digs, turns over rocks, climbs over her one cinderblock wall. Heck she's only 2!!! So now I have to add another row of blocks just for her. Thank God it's 40 days of rain and flood....
Do ya think Pansy is not gaining fast enough? Should I try to get her to eat more? I'd hate to do it, but maybe some Mazuri.....

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I would block off that tube an let her stay in the warm enclosure for a few days . Try that and see if she goes to munching on everything .

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
I don't think it would hurt to give her some mazuri. Just mix some with her regular food, though. Also, I agree with Mike to cut off entrance into the tube.

M

Maggie Cummings

I don't think it would hurt to give her some mazuri. Just mix some with her regular food, though. Also, I agree with Mike to cut off entrance into the tube.

You mean the hot humid dark side or the 80 degree light side? I'm kinda dense today....

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'd keep him in the hotter side whichever that is.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Do ya think Pansy is not gaining fast enough? Should I try to get her to eat more? I'd hate to do it, but maybe some Mazuri.....

If you need some I have a 25lb bag, I can't imagine Vern would miss it.

M

Maggie Cummings

If you need some I have a 25lb bag, I can't imagine Vern would miss it.

Thanks, but Bob left some. I just have seen babies get addicted to Mazuri and refuse to eat anything else. Then ya gotta do the tuff love thing, and frankly, I'd just rather not have to go thru that. This is one reason I don't keep babies for my sister anymore. I just worry too much, it makes me feel nauseated, I worry about them too much....

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I think most tortoises will quickly get spoiled on the Mazuri. But it is always a pretty quick ending hunger strike once I pull out the fruit............

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I raised my sullies on mazuri. They eat it everyday with grass, weeds. Endive, and grassland tort. food. As treats, I feed them carrots, apple slices, cactus, hibiscus leaves and flowers to mention a few. Baby Runt gets Marion food pellets cause she didn't like the mazuri. A girl after my heart; of course she'd like the more expensive stuff!

M

Maggie Cummings

Why do you live in Florida?????I am trying to get new headers and straight pipes installed and they start off with $150 just to take off the catalytic converter. They gotta take off both pipes anyway, so why isn't all that one price? And why do they treat me like a blonde bimbo who doesn't know the difference between a manifold and a man friend.... I know it's likely to be a little loud, but I think putting baffles like in a Harley muffler would work. I want to be just that side of illegal. I have never understood why people are afraid to do what they want, cuz it's 'might' be illegal. Crap, you think you always get watched by a cop. I know it will be loud, but not THAT loud. I will be right on the line. Still legal, maybe.... But everybody wants to break it down to nickels and pennies. Should be, one price to yank off the old headers, one price to add new headers, one price to pull off old exhaust pipes and add straight pipes. Or that $69 prime dollar by the job. But these guys want to break it down, not just charge by that book with the hourly cost in it. I forget what it's called.
Why, I wonder, do people say I'm so hard to deal with.....hmmmmm???
42088.jpg