Indented shell

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Metro Detroit
So I just received my little babies a couple days ago. And my one little guy on the left has some indentation on his shell.

I've got a good amount of UVB in the enclosure. I've got a mineral powder and a calcium supplement that is berry scented.

My question is, with these juveniles, how often do I offer the supplement?

Because they hide quite a bit because they're still babies, therefore not getting the UVB rays all day.

I've had to direct them over to it once or twice a day. And I offer a little food in the basking area to try to keep them up there. They'll usually stuck around 10-15 min.ImageUploadedByTortForum1396219263.703826.jpg

And I read they shouldn't get berries often. But we had a little spoiling today. Just to get the pic. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very cute. I would give the supplement twice a week. Also, even though they are not right under the basking light, they will still get UVB. A lot of members with RF say they don't usually bask much like other species.

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
wellington said:
Very cute. I would give the supplement twice a week. Also, even though they are not right under the basking light, they will still get UVB. A lot of members with RF say they don't usually bask much like other species.

Ok, good. Thank you wellington. :)