Indiana sulcata

Kerastarr

Location (City and/or State)
Mooresville, IN
Needing advice on my sulcata tortoise … My girl will be 2 years old in a few days and I’m wanting her to have more outside time … living in Indiana makes it difficult. Any other members live in Indy with advice for me? Btw we have lots land just need a plan of attack . Thanks in advance.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Erect a nice tortoise proof fence in a very large area of your property, build a nice enclosure inside that fenced area. Enclosure should be well insulated, have a heat source. @Tom has a few threads on how to build a “night box” for a Sulcata. Plant all types of safe/edible grasses & plants - grasses, weeds, grapes, Rose of Sharon, etc. perhaps build a nice little water wallow. Deep enough to self soak & drink. Sit back & enjoy.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm not in IN but Chicago. I have leopards. A heated shed is needed for our winters. Attach good fencing to it for summer with a way for him to get in and out of the shed on his own, but with a door you can lock up. Make the shed big enough that if he cant get out on some of those cold snowy winter days, he has enough room to roam inside.