indoor enclosure for redfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmitch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Reno nv
My bf is going to build an enclosure big enough for adult redfoot to house in winter 8x4 iv been looking at different ideas and saw this snake enclosure would something like the picture below be good for redfoots it just seems that a table would be much harder keeping humidity up.

Attachments

• enclosure snake.jpg
    enclosure snake.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 134

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
cmitch said:
My bf is going to build an enclosure big enough for adult redfoot to house in winter 8x4 iv been looking at different ideas and saw this snake enclosure would something like the picture below be good for redfoots it just seems that a table would be much harder keeping humidity up.

That would be perfect, except one thing I'd recommend is covering the bottom few inches so your tort can't see out as easily.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
The problem with a 8x4 version of that is that it is a pain to clean with a low ceiling. By the time you are at 8x4, you may as well make it more of a greenhouse- you can even use clear vinyl for the walls if you want.

As for blocking the glass- this is a very 'individual' issue- none of my red-footeds has ever seemed bothered by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.