Indoor enclosures??

jags8307

Location (City and/or State)
League City, Texas
I'm looking to see if there is anyone out there that builds enclosures that won't charge an arm and a leg. I bought this enclosure for temporary use through the winter but it's small even for my young one. The temp inside is 100 with 68% humidity. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1417062811.393817.jpg

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Forgot to mention in in the Houston area. I think this enclosure was really built to accommodate reptiles.
How old is your sulcata? What size enclosure can the room handle? 4'x8'? I've PM'd a member local to you to see if he can give you some help. I, though, am in Oregon.

jags8307

League City, Texas
I would love the size you suggested. My sulcata is the size of my palm so that would be a perfect size to start. I am not sure Flash's current size enclosure. I haven't measured it. It was very well made though. I was analyzing it earlier to see if there was a way to bring the top up higher so there is more distance with the heat source but the top is sealed. It has a feeder slit for feeding (which lead me to believe it was meant for reptiles). It has small cents in the back.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
4'x8' is a very user friendly size simply do to the fact most lumber sheets are that size. Keep in mind though that material is very expensive. The sheet goods can be upwards of $30 per and gas for sliders equaling 2'x4' can run about $100. This is why they are so expensive.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
How old is your sulcata? What size enclosure can the room handle? 4'x8'? I've PM'd a member local to you to see if he can give you some help. I, though, am in Oregon.
When he gets back to you let him know I can help too.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Actually, that's a pretty good size for as small as your little guy is. All it needs is a few plants and sight barriers to make it more interesting.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
How big is the enclosure you have? Grab a tape measure and post pictures . I have no problem helping build enclosures . But if your enclosure is already big enough way waste money . They grow so fast you may want to get started building a night box outside. Then setup a nice run for him . I had my little one in doors for only a year now he's to big and lives in a heated night box with a yard to run around in .

Evy

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Too bad you are in Texas. I have one perfect for you and I'm only asking $70 is 6 ftX 2 ft
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1417718273.258954.jpg
It was my tortoise condo for a while, now he is more than 9 lbs.