Indoor plants/cacti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casseylane

5 Year Member
I am looking to plant some indoor plants and/cacti to feed my leopard - any suggestions on the kind? can I buy them at any store- home depot, etc? I understand not using fertilizer and waiting a bit to feed them some.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Cactus and succulents don't do well indoors. They need too much actual sunlight for indoor living.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
My wife and I have had pretty good luck with cactus and some succulents here in cold, dreary New York State. They are kept indoors from mid-September through late April and are put outdoors all summer to get some natural, unfiltered light. I've also found that indoors cactus love being under UV lights as much as tortoises do!
We have various numbers of about 10 different species.
We have one Opuntia species that is potted and currently about 7' tall as well as a northern species that has survived outdoors here for the last 8-10 years and has grown and spread tremendously and produces bright yellow flowers and fruit.
I think much like tortoises, cactus can be kept outside of their natual environment if provided with some of their basic needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.