Indoor sulcata pen

Ellen R

Location (City and/or State)
Coon Rapids Minnesota
In a bedroom in my house I built a12’x16’ pen with a3’x5’ hide. I have bought a basking light and the sun lights. The pen does not have a top but the hide does should the hide have a heat emitter in it ? And with the size of the pen I was wondering what is better to use, organic dirt and cypress mulch was what he was kept in. With the snow and cold weather he will probably be indoors 6months out of the year. I want to try and make a good home for him. How moist should his bedding be kept and without a top on the pen will it have enough humidity with just moist bedding. He already has some pyramiding and I don’t want to cause more by doing something wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have a month to finish his pen. Thanks

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
In a bedroom in my house I built a12’x16’ pen with a3’x5’ hide. I have bought a basking light and the sun lights. The pen does not have a top but the hide does should the hide have a heat emitter in it ? And with the size of the pen I was wondering what is better to use, organic dirt and cypress mulch was what he was kept in. With the snow and cold weather he will probably be indoors 6months out of the year. I want to try and make a good home for him. How moist should his bedding be kept and without a top on the pen will it have enough humidity with just moist bedding. He already has some pyramiding and I don’t want to cause more by doing something wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have a month to finish his pen. Thanks
Are your measurements in feet or inches? And how old is your Sulcata? I’m thinking that your either an awesome over achiever or you need a bigger space… ?